Review [MOFLEX] How to Run x64 bit Software on a x86(x32) bit Operating System

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I came across this Issue myself, I have a x86(x32) bit Windows 10 PC... and I wanted to convert videos to CIA format.
However, the Movflex Encoder is a x64 bit application, and will not run on my system... (Damn, really wanted to convert my anime... :( )

For those who have shared this painful experience, I provide you with a solution...

Requirements:
Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 (or latest version available) a Windows 7 x64 Installation Disc (Doesn't have to be legit, but i recommend genuine for legality purposes. )
Moflex Encoder:
(Asia81 has posted a download link Here: <snip>)

Step 1. Install VirtualBox.

Step 2. Create New Machine (Machine > New).

step 3. stick to recommended settings, don't change anything exept for the setting for OS Version and file size allocation.

Step 4. run your new virtual machine, click on the window that pops up and a popup will appear,, click "Do not show again."

Step 5. press the right ctrl button to gain access to the host (physical machine) and click "Devices" and untick the network adapter. (This will prevent updates installing.) .

Step 6. close window and shut down the virtual machine. Then start it again, click the screen and press F12 to open boot menu.

Step 7. Insert Installation Disc and press C to boot from CD-ROM.

Step 8, Install Windows 7 x64,

In devices, you can enable plugged in USB Devices. (*Copy a file to the usb from the host machine, then enable the device in the virtual machine to copy files over.) .

You will need to download the extension files, then install them in app "File > Preferences > Extensions"
Also, you will need to go to Settings > USB and set it to 2.0. then run the virtual drive and Set up Windows.

Now, just copy the Encoder and whatever you want to convert over to your USB, then load ur Virtual Machine, enable the USB Mass Storage device in "Devices > Generic Mass Storage Device", and copy the files over from USB, Install the Encoder and convert. :)
Have Fun!

I am still experimenting with this, but so far, it looks good. I have the Program Working, and am now atttempting to convert Dragonball Z: Battle Of Gods English Dub! will post updates! :)
I'm sorry if this isn't the easiest Tutorial to Follow... but i've done My Best... i may red o it, with Pics at a later date. :)
I Hope this helped everyone! :D

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed link to blacklisted website -rp

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
black text on a black background is pretty hard to read :\
13702498_10157192752095188_995079614_o.png
Maybe change your Forum Theme? I SEE BLACK TEXT ON A White BG.

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alternate option (but takes longer): Install a 64-bit OS. There's really no reason to be running a 32-bit OS as your primary system if you have a 64-bit CPU.
This is for people who have a x32 bit OS, and can't install x64 (x86)

well the theme creator and mobiclip encoder have leaked?
yes, but they are x64 bit programs and wont work on a x32 bit OS., the link i provided to Asia81's leak has both the encoder and theme creator
Just edit post, ctrl-a, then press remove formatting. It's first button on the left.
Ignoring formatting issues because it doesn't affect you is a good way to just be ignored.
Done... Thank's for the Tip.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
However keep in mind that will only work if you are on a 64 bit system (and have hardware virtualization enabled). If you have a 32 bit CPU then qemu is the only way and it will be horribly slow since you will have to use full CPU emulation.

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
However keep in mind that will only work if you are on a 64 bit system (and have hardware virtualization enabled). If you have a 32 bit CPU then qemu is the only way and it will be horribly slow since you will have to use full CPU emulation.
I'm in the process of Converting a movie as we speak... yes, it takes a while, but if ur desperate, and stuck on a x32 machine... why not?
There was a x32 windows version of Moflex encoder uploaded by a user on another site, but that link is dead.

how did you get 32 bit windows 10? 32 bit processor support was suppose to be drop!!!!!!!
Originally, my compy was Windows' 7 x32... i upgraded to 8.1, then part-ext my HDD so i could have a Dual Boot system (Win 7 and win 8.1) then i updated win 8.1 to 10 tech preview, then upgraded from preview to full, and deleted my second partition (win 7) .

Right now, i'm using a Windows 10 x32 bit system, running Oracle VirtualBox to create a Virtual OS (Win 7 x64 (x86) SP1) so i can use the x64 bit Movflex Encoder on my x32 bit system.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the process of Converting a movie as we speak... yes, it takes a while, but if ur desperate, and stuck on a x32 machine... why not?
There was a x32 windows version of Moflex encoder uploaded by a user on another site, but that link is dead.

No, I mean it will be slow as in weeks or possibly months to encode if you don't have a 64 bit CPU. Remember, virtualbox is not an emulator thus you still need to have a 64 bit CPU to run a 64 bit guest.

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I mean it will be slow as in weeks or possibly months to encode if you don't have a 64 bit CPU. Remember, virtualbox is not an emulator thus you still need to have a 64 bit CPU to run a 64 bit guest.
Yes, it has taken me ages, (30 hours so far, still not finished, but over half way.) The thing is, getting it to work, as a temporary measure. (untill i can get either the x32 bit program, or a x64 bit system.) the good thing is, you can leave it running in the background, and forget about it for a couple of days and it's done.

I would in no way suggest this as a permanent solution, as it takes too long. (30 hours, so far... for a 1:30:00 vid.)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it has taken me ages, (30 hours so far, still not finished, but over half way.) The thing is, getting it to work, as a temporary measure. (untill i can get either the x32 bit program, or a x64 bit system.) the good thing is, you can leave it running in the background, and forget about it for a couple of days and it's done.

I would in no way suggest this as a permanent solution, as it takes too long. (30 hours, so far... for a 1:30:00 vid.)

Are you using virtualbox or qemu?

Akawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 4gb of ram on an intel express chipset CPU. (Pretty sh!tty tbh) it's taken a while, but it does do the job. :)

NPNL_PRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this! The thing I love about these guides is that they are often for things I haven't yet even thought to do. So I'm learning about the possibilities while learning how to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger