Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@XFlak If you don't want to use the --content-disposition flag: The filename for the ZIP changed, because wget downloads it as "getfile.pl*autoit-v3.zip".
Thanks, assuming this is the issue you basically solved it for me! I don't get what you mean by the above quote though.

I got the flu, but will crawl out of bed eventually and look into this.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii and ModMii Installer are both updated. Unfortunately auto-updates are broken on any version older than 6.4.5 so you will need to manual download the latest installer, or manually download the latest zip from here. Or just update wget in ModMii's support folder and auto-updates will work again on older versions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First post updated with the following message:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FEB 2018
Unfortunately, effective February 2018 ModMii's auto-update feature is broken on any version older than 6.4.5 so you will need to manually download and run the latest installer from HERE in order to start getting updates again.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
ModMii 6.4.5 on Windows 10 downloads Wii Backup Manager incorrectly.
It saves the zip file as "d26812-Wii-Backup-Manager-0-4-5-build-78.html"
Renaming it to "26812-Wii-Backup-Manager-0-4-5-build-78.zip" works.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So I just pushed an update, but man is sourceforge.net slow today, half the time I can't connect. Hopefully it's just temporary, but yeah, try to update when u can, and if the problem persists I may have to migrate away from sourceforge.net, even though it would be a major pain in the ass

Reactions: Brawl345

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I download the latest installer, windows defender say that it is a virus, it labels it as Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock, I know you had a problem with this in an earlier version. Can you confirm that it is not a virus, maybe its just false positive

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I download the latest installer, windows defender say that it is a virus, it labels it as Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock, I know you had a problem with this in an earlier version. Can you confirm that it is not a virus, maybe its just false positive

I've been using ModMii for years on about 20 Wii's, it's safe!!

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm also getting a virus positive from Windows defender on Windows 10. I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Virus.png
    Virus.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: Kirbeast

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated wget.exe and ran modmii. it updated as expected then I scanned the folder: no virus shown.
Something is wrong with the zip, I think. Why should identical, but zipped, files show a positive?

Are they entirely identical once updated by wget?

is it anything to do with this warning on the wget page?

Warning: some antivirus tools recognise wget-1.19.4-win32.zip as potentially dangerous. The file that triggers the warning is wget.exe.gdb, which contains debugging symbols for wget.exe, and isn't even executable. If your AV is giving you trouble, and you don't need the documentation or debug symbols, you can download wget.exe directly, or switch to a less broken security product.

With the best will in the world, I'm not going to believe someone just because they say it's fine.
This is the first time modmii has ever thrown up a virus positive for me.

Hope you guys/girls can get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by keefcycle,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Thanks for the quick reply man.

Funny I had the same problem. I have two identical laptops and one of them gave me the virus alert from windows defender also. The other one worked without triggering the alert.

You can always get the zip file and extract it yourself into the ModMii subdirectory from this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/files/

It won't trigger the false positive.

Last edited by ca032769,

Tract0r84

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Soft modded my wii years ago and wanted to use the modmii tool to update but unfortunately on a Mac. Tried the wine app to emulate but it won’t work.

Does anyone know if I can dual boot windows 7 and if that will work with modmii?

Alternatively, does anyone have a step by step as to what needs updating if I have to do it manually? I’ve downloaded syscheck - will that show what needs doing? It was a bit of a n00b install in the first instance.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Tract0r84,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse