• Total voters

frest123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how much longer do we have to wait patiently? :) *hugesarcasmhere*

In a more logical way of doing things, is there a way I can get the files it's looking for by myself?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how much longer do we have to wait patiently? :) *hugesarcasmhere*

In a more logical way of doing things, is there a way I can get the files it's looking for by myself?

It would be helpful if you said what files it is having problems with. I tested myself and it looks like its the hackmii installer. The bootmii website seems to be down right now, so that is why modmii can't grab it. The site will probably be back up soon (maybe minutes, maybe a couple days). The hackmii developers don't want that file mirrored, so I can't give you a link or anything, but the file you need is hackmii_installer_v1.2.zip (MD5: F26A64174DD37D6DBBE71D6E2044712E). If you can find that file, then put it the folder named "temp" in the modmii application directory (if the temp folder doesn't exist, create it).

Modmii also wont be able to get the bootmii sd files. I don't think they are necessary, as they should be generated on the sd card when you install bootmii. So to skip those files, close the wget window that opens in the background when modmii is downloading those files. Now tell modmii NOT to terminate the job, then do it again when it retries the download. After that modmii should skip those files and continue on normally.

If it finishes without any other errors, you should be able to follow the guide without any issues.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Doesn't that suck. Just got my Wii I bought on Ebay and I go to softmod it and Bootmii.org is down. :( It has been over a year since I softmodded my last Wii, are they still up and running?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Doesn't that suck. Just got my Wii I bought on Ebay and I go to softmod it and Bootmii.org is down. :( It has been over a year since I softmodded my last Wii, are they still up and running?

Yeah, the site is just down, they should be up soon. I did say how you can get around this problem in the post above mine. We aren't suppose to mirror the file, but you should be able to find it if you go looking.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the site is just down, they should be up soon. I did say how you can get around this problem in the post above mine. We aren't suppose to mirror the file, but you should be able to find it if you go looking.

I guess I should read first before I make a comment.

Thanks for the info.

frest123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be helpful if you said what files it is having problems with. I tested myself and it looks like its the hackmii installer. The bootmii website seems to be down right now, so that is why modmii can't grab it. The site will probably be back up soon (maybe minutes, maybe a couple days). The hackmii developers don't want that file mirrored, so I can't give you a link or anything, but the file you need is hackmii_installer_v1.2.zip (MD5: F26A64174DD37D6DBBE71D6E2044712E). If you can find that file, then put it the folder named "temp" in the modmii application directory (if the temp folder doesn't exist, create it).

Modmii also wont be able to get the bootmii sd files. I don't think they are necessary, as they should be generated on the sd card when you install bootmii. So to skip those files, close the wget window that opens in the background when modmii is downloading those files. Now tell modmii NOT to terminate the job, then do it again when it retries the download. After that modmii should skip those files and continue on normally.

If it finishes without any other errors, you should be able to follow the guide without any issues.

I've managed to get the file but I'm a little unsure where to put it (on the root of the temp folder right?). Also, the HackMii Installer I got is v1.1. Is this ok? Do I also need to rename it and such for it to recognize it? ModMii is still trying to download the files despite me putting the installer with the name HackMii_Installer where I was told to put it.....

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another Wii that is softmodded, can I just copy the SD files from it?
If the SD still has all the files that were on it when you softmodded it then yes, although depending on how old it is the stuff on it may be outdated.

EDIT:
I've managed to get the file but I'm a little unsure where to put it (on the root of the temp folder right?). Also, the HackMii Installer I got is v1.1. Is this ok? Do I also need to rename it and such for it to recognize it? ModMii is still trying to download the files despite me putting the installer with the name HackMii_Installer where I was told to put it.....
Maybe. I'm not sure if modmii checks file hashes or anything for local files. The v1.2 isn't hard to find though. Literally the first result when I searched for the file name (with underscores).

writkeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, obviously pretty new here, noob alert I guess.

I've gone through the download and installation process of everything up to installing a patched IOS236.

When I open Homebrew, nothing shows; there aren't any apps and it doesn't seem like it's loading anything from my SD card.

EDIT: Nevermind. Foolish mistakes on my part, fixed 'em already. :)

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Was able to complete and softmod my new Wii. YEAH!

I love the Wii, this makes number four. I sold one to my brother, but we still have 3 Wii's in the house.

My wife says, I have a problem. :)

ceaserone

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was able to find all files needed except bootmii_sd_files.zip

I looked up, down, sideways, back and forth and Google'd frantically for two days now....can someone P.M. me or tell me where to get these mysterious bootmii_sd_files.zip files...

please.....please
thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Those files aren't even really necessary, u can build them using the hackmii installer to 'prepare an SD card', which is also done during manual bootmii installations. Downloading bootmii_sd_files.zip is useful mainly for Casper situations where installing bootmii isn't an option or just to save time

crazylaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Mod mii is unable to download the hack mii installer. Variables I can think of are I'm running 4.3u menu for wii and it is the first time I am modding my wii and I asked it to get the dark orange theme. I'm attempting to do the discless hack. Where do I go from here? Is this just a temporary problem? Could I get hack mii from another source? If so I dont understand all the different file types and wads and everything. Basically help please I can follow directions but since this is outside of them I dont know what to do.
edit found some previous post saying hack mii is down I started trying to do this a little drunk

nisusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I tried to find if modmii for windows can be used to install d2x cios on wii u/vwii, but no luck. Here is what i found "ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U" but i am not sure ANY Wii includes wii u. I am on version 4.0.3. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I tried to find if modmii for windows can be used to install d2x cios on wii u/vwii, but no luck. Here is what i found "ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U" but i am not sure ANY Wii includes wii u. I am on version 4.0.3. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
NEVER install a Wii IOS/cIOS on a Wii U. You need to use special apps for it:
http://www.hacksden.com/entry.php/33-Collection-of-Applications-and-Homebrews-for-vWii-(Wii-U)

nisusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, got it. I already installed vWii IOS236 Mod v8. But when i try to install d2x ciox for vwii, it fails and i am wondering if i can work around it by using modmii and hence the question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."