ModMii for Windows Official Support Topic

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XFlak, Feb 3, 2010.

?

Did ModMii work for you?

Yes! 558 vote(s) 85.6%
No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll 24 vote(s) 3.7%
No, and I posted what went wrong 70 vote(s) 10.7%
Feb 3, 2010

XFlak Considering Wii-tirement...

Message Count:
    Canada
    neogamma or neocorp are your best bets. Neogamma is on ModMii's download page 2, just launch it either via the HBC or a forwarder channel. neocorp will allow your older wii to launch backups from the disc channel, but is not supported by modmii so you'll have to google for it, but its pretty simple to set up.

btw, backup disc loading is inferior to usbloading in many ways, u should stop wasting money on dvd's and just buy an external hdd

• Newcomer

anaxx New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    Thanks XFlak, neogamma worked perfect!
    Btw,modmii classic doesn't launches on my windows7 32bit pc, only the skin.Is it normal?

anaxx

Message Count:
    Canada
    ModMiiSkin cannot work without ModMii; if you've launched ModMiiSkin, on the main menu one of the last options is to switch to ModMii Classic, and it will close modmiiskin.exe and launch modmii.exe.
    • Newcomer

anaxx New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    This is the problem,i tick the last option on the skin (to switch to classic) and i recieve a message that modmii launcher stops!

anaxx

Message Count:
    Canada
    odd, that is definitely not normal. It could be your antivirus is blocking modmii classic, not sure.

bezem New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Any chance of including all channels that can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel? Specifically Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc.

Yepi69 GBATemp Pokemon, EarthBound, Mother3 Proud Fan Boy

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Refresh my memory please, basically this program is only for system wads/ios downloading correct? Kinda like the NUS Downloader right?

Message Count:
    Canada
    It does more than that:
    http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html
    ddetkowski likes this.
    • Newcomer

TopDog New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Just wanted to say this is an amazing piece of software! Keep up the good work guys!
    XFlak likes this.

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Message Count:
    Costa Rica

Message Count:
    Canada
    ModMii only supports the Wii, not the WiiU, so any updates that do not add any value for Wii modding will likely not be incorporated into ModMii.

ModMiiU or vModMii is a possibility at some point in the future... but for that to even be an option I need to save big time to be able to buy myself a WiiU.... and TBH I don't see that happening anytime soon
    Maxternal likes this.

bezem New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I can 100% appreciate your point. A vModMii would be greatly appreciated if/when it comes to be. Is it difficult to add the capability for downloading other channels? I'm not a coder so I'm just curious.

Message Count:
    Canada
    depends where\how its hosted online, but otherwise probably not very difficult
    bezem likes this.
    • Newcomer

zackfiles New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hi xFlak! I've been wondering for quite a while now, how do you run the Wii backups that require a higher iOS base? For instance, I tried running a few Call of Duty backups I have, but it never loads properly. I followed your guide, use CFG Loader as my main loader, and use a fully functional USB external hard drive. Every NTSC game I have works perfectly, except CoD. Is there something I can do to make them work?

Edit: actually, to reword this, I'm just wondering what you would suggest for me to do in order to increase my iOS base, to... iOS57 I believe? I was hoping for a way I could do this without messing anything up. Like, I'd want to avoid having to change my iOS base back down to iOS 56 everytime I want to play a non-CoD game, you know?
    Last edited by zackfiles, Jan 10, 2013

Message Count:
    Canada
    ModMii installs cIOS with base 56 to slot 249, and cIOS with base 57 to slot 250. You can install any cIOS to any slot, overwriting anything that's currently in that slot. To load your COD backups, just change the usb-loader settings to load using cIOS250 instead of 249. 99% of games run best using cIOS249 base 56 and the ones that don't should work with cIOS250 base 57.
    zackfiles likes this.

fluffykiwi New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Modmii has worked flawlessly for last 5-6 Wiis hacked, but I'm stumped with a 3.4E virgin Wii that I'm trying to Mod using bannerbomb from ModMii 6.2.4.

At hackmii screen gets to the scam warning and just stops, the press 1 to continue does not appear. Tried the different versions of bannerbomb from their website, but no progress with any of them. some just lock when I click SD within channel screen.

Might try letting Wii update to 4.3 then try to Hack using WilBrand or look out my Smash Bros Brawl Disc, and try that.

*edit*
    Updated to 4.3E and used Modmii to hack that system menu. Worked fine. Problem must have been bannerbomb and my console.
    Another happy Modmii customer.

Thanks.
    Last edited by fluffykiwi, Jan 11, 2013
    XFlak likes this.
    • Newcomer

medilihha New Member

Message Count:
    Austria
    Hi XFlak!
    Great Job, it was easy to mod my own wii, but a friend asked me to mod his one after christmas, and I only got it to work without the originial Wiimote Controllers, they are dead as soon as you start an Installation via the HBC or the USB-Loader. Thanks god it was working with the cheap Wiiremotes from china, as soon as a game is started you can connect the original Wiimotes again.
    Couldnt find anything in this forum, do you have any idea?
    Thanks
    • Newcomer

Bigfoob New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hey I've just spent the past little while trying to mod my wii and unfortunately I have been unsuccessful. Every time I get to the scam screen it freezes even before the press 1 to continue message shows up. I've tried installing hackmii version 1.0 and 1.2 and modmii hackmii solutions but every time no matter what it freezes at the scam screen. I'm on 3.1U and this is my first time trying to hack my wii.

Are there any fixes available? I haven't been able to find one.

I have been using bannerbomb and I can't connect my wii to the internet so I can't update it and even if I could I don't have any games for my Wii that I can use to hack it at 4.3
    Last edited by Bigfoob, Jan 13, 2013

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Why don't you use wilbrand/letterbomb...those are made for the 4.3 system as a bannerbomb replacement.

Edit: Modmii should also give you the choice to use wilbrand btw.
    Last edited by Etheboss, Jan 13, 2013
    • Newcomer

ERRALDOI New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Hi Xflak!

First of all, many thanks for this great work. It is very successful and makes things very easy for those who do not know much about it. As the Wii hack finished I will send my donation secure.

But I have some doubts that would confirm before starting.

I have two Wiis 4.3E (one white and one black). I understand that there is no trouble following the guide, but the fact is that I have one of them hacked with HBC and cIOS 222, 223 and 249 and therefore would only follow the guide from the start and overwrite / update everything. Is there any problem?

Finally, I used ModMii in English because the current version is 6.0.7 and the Spanish fail d2x downloads, although the 6.2 does not generate the folder COPY_TO_USB.

Thanks for all. Greetings.