• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 119 11.8%

• Total voters

anaxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is the problem,i tick the last option on the skin (to switch to classic) and i recieve a message that modmii launcher stops!

anaxx

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of including all channels that can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel? Specifically Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii only supports the Wii, not the WiiU, so any updates that do not add any value for Wii modding will likely not be incorporated into ModMii.

ModMiiU or vModMii is a possibility at some point in the future... but for that to even be an option I need to save big time to be able to buy myself a WiiU.... and TBH I don't see that happening anytime soon

Reactions: Maxternal

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii only supports the Wii, not the WiiU, so any updates that do not add any value for Wii modding will likely not be incorporated into ModMii.

ModMiiU or vModMii is a possibility at some point in the future... but for that to even be an option I need to save big time to be able to buy myself a WiiU.... and TBH I don't see that happening anytime soon
I can 100% appreciate your point. A vModMii would be greatly appreciated if/when it comes to be. Is it difficult to add the capability for downloading other channels? I'm not a coder so I'm just curious.

zackfiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi xFlak! I've been wondering for quite a while now, how do you run the Wii backups that require a higher iOS base? For instance, I tried running a few Call of Duty backups I have, but it never loads properly. I followed your guide, use CFG Loader as my main loader, and use a fully functional USB external hard drive. Every NTSC game I have works perfectly, except CoD. Is there something I can do to make them work?

Edit: actually, to reword this, I'm just wondering what you would suggest for me to do in order to increase my iOS base, to... iOS57 I believe? I was hoping for a way I could do this without messing anything up. Like, I'd want to avoid having to change my iOS base back down to iOS 56 everytime I want to play a non-CoD game, you know?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii installs cIOS with base 56 to slot 249, and cIOS with base 57 to slot 250. You can install any cIOS to any slot, overwriting anything that's currently in that slot. To load your COD backups, just change the usb-loader settings to load using cIOS250 instead of 249. 99% of games run best using cIOS249 base 56 and the ones that don't should work with cIOS250 base 57.

Reactions: zackfiles

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Modmii has worked flawlessly for last 5-6 Wiis hacked, but I'm stumped with a 3.4E virgin Wii that I'm trying to Mod using bannerbomb from ModMii 6.2.4.

At hackmii screen gets to the scam warning and just stops, the press 1 to continue does not appear. Tried the different versions of bannerbomb from their website, but no progress with any of them. some just lock when I click SD within channel screen.

Might try letting Wii update to 4.3 then try to Hack using WilBrand or look out my Smash Bros Brawl Disc, and try that.

*edit*
Updated to 4.3E and used Modmii to hack that system menu. Worked fine. Problem must have been bannerbomb and my console.
Another happy Modmii customer.

Thanks.

Reactions: XFlak

medilihha

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi XFlak!
Great Job, it was easy to mod my own wii, but a friend asked me to mod his one after christmas, and I only got it to work without the originial Wiimote Controllers, they are dead as soon as you start an Installation via the HBC or the USB-Loader. Thanks god it was working with the cheap Wiiremotes from china, as soon as a game is started you can connect the original Wiimotes again.
Couldnt find anything in this forum, do you have any idea?
Thanks

Bigfoob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I've just spent the past little while trying to mod my wii and unfortunately I have been unsuccessful. Every time I get to the scam screen it freezes even before the press 1 to continue message shows up. I've tried installing hackmii version 1.0 and 1.2 and modmii hackmii solutions but every time no matter what it freezes at the scam screen. I'm on 3.1U and this is my first time trying to hack my wii.

Are there any fixes available? I haven't been able to find one.

I have been using bannerbomb and I can't connect my wii to the internet so I can't update it and even if I could I don't have any games for my Wii that I can use to hack it at 4.3

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why don't you use wilbrand/letterbomb...those are made for the 4.3 system as a bannerbomb replacement.

Edit: Modmii should also give you the choice to use wilbrand btw.

ERRALDOI

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Xflak!

First of all, many thanks for this great work. It is very successful and makes things very easy for those who do not know much about it. As the Wii hack finished I will send my donation secure.

But I have some doubts that would confirm before starting.

I have two Wiis 4.3E (one white and one black). I understand that there is no trouble following the guide, but the fact is that I have one of them hacked with HBC and cIOS 222, 223 and 249 and therefore would only follow the guide from the start and overwrite / update everything. Is there any problem?

Finally, I used ModMii in English because the current version is 6.0.7 and the Spanish fail d2x downloads, although the 6.2 does not generate the folder COPY_TO_USB.

Thanks for all. Greetings.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to post my experience.

So I bought a Wii with 4.2U which had an unknown amount of modding done to it.
I started out with the ModMii standard option 1. Suprsingly, BootMii showed up! Sweet. However loading bootmini.elf via the SD menu always ended up with the HBC installer freezing stalling hanging on the SPAM screen.

So I tried banner bomb from the option 1 SD card load. Black screen.

SO! then I tried the Alternative HackMii Solutions Plus Guide Option. Launced banner bomb and it started MMM just fine. Installed the WADs as suggested no problem. Then I loaded the HBC installer and it proceeded to install just fine. SO there is my story.

Thanks so much xflak for you god like powers. You serve as an inspiration to many, including me.

Reactions: XFlak

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
somewhere i read the new neek2o does not work anylonger with priiloader
but the wizard asks to install priiloader

so, was there a change, what shall i select

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat