ModMii for Windows Official Support Topic

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XFlak, Feb 3, 2010.

?

Did ModMii work for you?

Yes! 548 vote(s) 85.9%
No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll 24 vote(s) 3.8%
No, and I posted what went wrong 66 vote(s) 10.3%
Feb 3, 2010

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Message Count:
    Canada
    Not yet. The cIOSs need to be re-written to support the vWii that the Wiiu uses. Once that has been done you should be able to softmod it and get a usb loader up and running. See this thread for the progress: http://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/

I should also mention that you wont be able to use modmii to hack your wii u, as XFlak hasn't added that support in (yet?), so you will have to do it following some other guide.
    Last edited by person66, Dec 17, 2012

• Newcomer

Aircraft New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Did some of the files get taken down? I keep getting BootMii SD Files: Missing, (temp\bootmii_sd_files.zip) All the other 62 files DL fine.

XFlak Considering Wii-tirement...

Message Count:
    Canada
    • Newcomer

CharlesDoitAllRu New Member

Message Count:
    Weird problem, I get to the part where I install Wads (MMM) and I can not select or move.... wii remote just blinks ?4.3U exploited with Smash Bomb

Message Count:
    Canada
    use a standard wiimote instead of the wiimote+, if u only have a wiimote+, then you can use WiiMod or WAM instead of MMM to install the WADs
    • Newcomer

terrymcbeer New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have a soft-modded Nintendo Wii. It has the latest ModMii with HackMii, BootMii, Priiloader,etc.

I can play my backed up games just fine off of a hard drive, but the one thing I cannot do is load the system menu and see the regular old Wii menu. This doesn't really matter, but I'd like to switch my TV to 16x9 mode and you can't do this unless you can access the regular Wii settings

I just want this view back for like 2 minutes so I can switch to Widescreen mode:
    http://www.lookinglocal.gov.uk/wiki/download/attachments/10191051/Widescreen.jpg

Message Count:
    Canada
    check your priiloader "return to" settings, make sure it's set to the wii menu

lovewiibrew Sifjar is a pirate

Message Count:
    United States
    Hey xflak, I'm trying to download some cios's. I keep getting a message about the file failing multttiple times to download properly, and underneath it it says Access is denied. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Edit: I checked my "Copy to SD" folder and the wads are there but Modmii is telling me they failed the md5. Makes me a bit nervous to install them.
    Last edited by lovewiibrew, Dec 21, 2012
    • Newcomer

wiices New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Hi, I manage to do every steps that were in the modmii guide but when I had to install the Wads the WAD Manager gave me the ret = -1 cannot mount SD card. I tryed also with YAWM but the result was the same. Can someone give me an hint about how to solve this problem?

Message Count:
    Canada
    @lovewiibrew, where do you have modmii installed to? Program files folder? If so, ModMii needs to be run as an administrator

@wiices, have you tried a different SD card?
    • Newcomer

raphzthename New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi all, just used this awesome method to softmod my nephew's Wii and everything went perfect! Right now I am trying to run Configurable USB Loader with an NTFS drive, but upon starting the channel, it attempts to search for 'auto' partition (I assume it's just finding the hard drive here) and says that the partition is not found.

Is there a certain way that I need to format the directory of my NTFS hard drive? I currently have the game ISOs on the hard drive like so:

USB:\Wii\[games go here]

The Wiimote also turns itself off after not being able to find a partition and there's no way to turn it back on or do anything without manually resetting the Wii.
    Last edited by raphzthename, Dec 22, 2012

GolfDude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    the games folder needs to be called wbfs not Wii
    • Newcomer

raphzthename New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Even if the games are in ISO format on an NTFS drive? I just tried renaming the folder name and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Message Count:
    Canada
    Your ModMii guide would have explains where games go and how to convert them to wbfs format. Use WiiBackupManager to convert your games to wbfs format and save them to USB:\WBFS\folder\ID1234.wbfs
    • Newcomer

raphzthename New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ah, okay. I'll check through the guide again. Been a while since I've used WiiBackupManager, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

So there's no way for USB Loader to load the ISO itself? Every ISO must be converted to wbfs in order for it to be read off of an NTFS drive?

Message Count:
    Canada
    I think it supports iso's, but there's really no point to keeping them in that format, they generally just takes up more space as ISOs.

lovewiibrew Sifjar is a pirate

Message Count:
    United States
    It's installed to C:/ and I've tried running it as administrator. I also disabled my firewall and still no dice. As I said it does produce the wads but its telling me it can't download them and when it says I already have it, it fails the md5. I tried using the 249 v17b wad that modmii spit out after the errors for an experimental build of USB loader gx and it causes my wii games to blackscreen so I don't know if it's being patched right.
    Last edited by lovewiibrew, Dec 22, 2012

Message Count:
    Canada
    could be NUS servers, just try again later, but don't bother even trying to install it unless the md5 check is passed. Also, since its installed to C:\ModMii, you don't need to run it as an administrator

LWares87 The 'Wise' Merchant

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    thanks again as always XFlak and Merry Christmas. :)

Message Count:
    Canada
    My pleasure, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!