• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

terrymcbeer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soft-modded Nintendo Wii. It has the latest ModMii with HackMii, BootMii, Priiloader,etc.

I can play my backed up games just fine off of a hard drive, but the one thing I cannot do is load the system menu and see the regular old Wii menu. This doesn't really matter, but I'd like to switch my TV to 16x9 mode and you can't do this unless you can access the regular Wii settings

I just want this view back for like 2 minutes so I can switch to Widescreen mode:
http://www.lookinglocal.gov.uk/wiki/download/attachments/10191051/Widescreen.jpg

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey xflak, I'm trying to download some cios's. I keep getting a message about the file failing multttiple times to download properly, and underneath it it says Access is denied. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Edit: I checked my "Copy to SD" folder and the wads are there but Modmii is telling me they failed the md5. Makes me a bit nervous to install them.

wiices

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I manage to do every steps that were in the modmii guide but when I had to install the Wads the WAD Manager gave me the ret = -1 cannot mount SD card. I tryed also with YAWM but the result was the same. Can someone give me an hint about how to solve this problem?

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, just used this awesome method to softmod my nephew's Wii and everything went perfect! Right now I am trying to run Configurable USB Loader with an NTFS drive, but upon starting the channel, it attempts to search for 'auto' partition (I assume it's just finding the hard drive here) and says that the partition is not found.

Is there a certain way that I need to format the directory of my NTFS hard drive? I currently have the game ISOs on the hard drive like so:

USB:\Wii\[games go here]

The Wiimote also turns itself off after not being able to find a partition and there's no way to turn it back on or do anything without manually resetting the Wii.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ModMii guide would have explains where games go and how to convert them to wbfs format. Use WiiBackupManager to convert your games to wbfs format and save them to USB:\WBFS\folder\ID1234.wbfs

Ah, okay. I'll check through the guide again. Been a while since I've used WiiBackupManager, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

So there's no way for USB Loader to load the ISO itself? Every ISO must be converted to wbfs in order for it to be read off of an NTFS drive?

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lovewiibrew, where do you have modmii installed to? Program files folder? If so, ModMii needs to be run as an administrator

@wiices, have you tried a different SD card?

It's installed to C:/ and I've tried running it as administrator. I also disabled my firewall and still no dice. As I said it does produce the wads but its telling me it can't download them and when it says I already have it, it fails the md5. I tried using the 249 v17b wad that modmii spit out after the errors for an experimental build of USB loader gx and it causes my wii games to blackscreen so I don't know if it's being patched right.

wiices

Trophies
XP
Country
@lovewiibrew, where do you have modmii installed to? Program files folder? If so, ModMii needs to be run as an administrator

@wiices, have you tried a different SD card?

Hi XFlak, thanks, for your answer. I Changed the SD card and solved the problem.

Thanks for your amazing software.

Have a noce year. We are now having a lot of fun with our Wii.

Reactions: XFlak

patbonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I want to use modmii to hack my wii 4.3E, but i have a question:
Is any-one can explain me if i must check for the channels in wizard mode (photo, mii, hop, etc...)
Is it necessary to use mii i have create before?

Thanks for your explanations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok now for real