Hardware Modifying a Wiimote into the ultimate HTPC remote?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ir tracking that the wiimote is the most accurate method of emulating a touchscreen on a 10-foot interface, without having to wave your arm around like an idiot that has to ask the teacher if her can go pee.

What I'm wondering is, is it possible to rebuild it so that the buttons make more sense? Like disassemble it and a Classic controller and stuff everything into a 3d-printed housing that reroutes all the buttons to ones on a new printer circuit, then uses standard Wiimote software for PC to map all the buttons?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ir tracking that the wiimote is the most accurate method of emulating a touchscreen on a 10-foot interface, without having to wave your arm around like an idiot that has to ask the teacher if her can go pee.

What I'm wondering is, is it possible to rebuild it so that the buttons make more sense? Like disassemble it and a Classic controller and stuff everything into a 3d-printed housing that reroutes all the buttons to ones on a new printer circuit, then uses standard Wiimote software for PC to map all the buttons?
I mean you could. You'd just have to solder the new buttons to the old leads with light guage speaker wire or something similar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/