• Total voters

craftcrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Great site.
I need help getting my Wii menu back.
I have a 4.3. I used letterbomb and loaded homebrew channel, bootmii & priiloader. But when I turn on my Wii all I get is a completely black screen. I have to hold reset with power button to turn on & get to homebrew channel through priiloader. I can still play games but if I try going to Wii menu it just gives me black screen so I can't access my Wii fit channel.
I'm a complete noob, can someone walk me through getting the Wii menu to show again without screwing up everything else I installed.
Thanks
you guys are awesome

ChrisTate-Davies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have followed these instructions for my Wii (4.3 Letterbomb method)

Its all fine, apart from a couple of things.

I mainly wanted to do it so I could watch movies off my USB stick (FAT32). I can stream them from another PC in the house in WiiMC but it just won't recognise the USB stick. I have tried it in both ports. I also tried it in Wii MPlayer CE with the same results.

Do I need to install something else? I read that it requires CIOS but I thought this guide installs that too...

Also, if I boot with the SD Card in, then the bootmii thing takes over, but I can't seem to click anything. Are there special controls?

Thanks for all your hard work, this is so awesome, if I could just sort the final USB thing out, I would love it.

Thanks, Chris

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
re bootmii, you can navigate the menu using the power (move) and reset (select) buttons on the Wii itself. If you haven't done so already, u should make a nand backup (instructions on how to do so are a part of this guide, ModMii's custom guides, and any other GOOD guide out there). After doing that, to avoid having the bootmii menu come up every time you power on your wii, rename the SD:\bootmii folder to something else (i.e. "Sd:\bootmii-off").

WiiMC and MPlayer CE both should be able to read FAT32 and NTFS drives from either usb port. Most likely your issue is using an incompatible USB HDD, try another one if u got it. Also, I'm not sure how those apps handle reading HDDs with multiple partitions, if you got lots of partitions u may want to simplify things by reformatting it as a single partition. If you got multiple partitions and intend to keep multiple partitions, at a minimum make sure the partition you want to use is the primary partition and active. Another unlikely possibility is your usb port(s) are busted due to hardware failure; check to see if the drive is getting power or if u can manage to get any other HDDs to work before ruling out this possibility.

ChrisTate-Davies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I do have a couple of other USB sticks, and a WD Passport which I want to use really (as its chocka full of movies)

I've never, ever used the USB ports before trying this. RE them both working, I thought I read somewhere that only one will work.

If I have installed WiiMC and MPlayer, you are saying they should both have USB support already installed? So its not a separate install...?

I will do a NAND backup tonight then, as forgetting to eject the SD Card is annoying. I will rename BootMii so it doesn't take over.

Thanks for your help XFlak

daramullally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I am looking for some help with my kids wii. I followed this tutorial some years ago and all was well.

Now I can't get the remotes to connect to the wii. I have followed the documentation from Nintendo regarding pressing the red sync buttons on the wii and remotes but they still don't connect.

I have the following on the screen if that is any help:

IOS V70
Systemmenu v482
priiloader v0.1 (r15)
priiloader is a mod of Preloader 0.30

Thanks in advance.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this guide to be made of sucking.
All the use I get out of it are Download links to files I need, but its very vague on how to use the files...

I'm using the letterbomb method and here's what I'm reading/getting.

Enter MAC into Letterbomb, Uncheck HackMii, Cut any Wire, Boot up Letterbomb using Wii Message Board. Then a prompt shows up saying it can't find any elfs...

Well the guide only gave me a link to files... It didn't instruct me which elfs I needed, which ones to download/use, or which ones to drag to x location of my memory card.
Of course I'm a n00b, so I don't know WTF any of these elfs are, how they're used or installed, what they mean, or where to even drag them.

As a Wii n00b I find the guide to be pretty useless, as its just giving me the tools, but not the instructions.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I found this guide to be made of sucking.
All the use I get out of it are Download links to files I need, but its very vague on how to use the files...

I'm using the letterbomb method and here's what I'm reading/getting.

Enter MAC into Letterbomb, Uncheck HackMii, Cut any Wire, Boot up Letterbomb using Wii Message Board. Then a prompt shows up saying it can't find any elfs...

Well the guide only gave me a link to files... It didn't instruct me which elfs I needed, which ones to download/use, or which ones to drag to x location of my memory card.
Of course I'm a n00b, so I don't know WTF any of these elfs are, how they're used or installed, what they mean, or where to even drag them.

As a Wii n00b I find the guide to be pretty useless, as its just giving me the tools, but not the instructions.
Are you neglecting to open the spoilers or something? There's bars labeled "WARNING! Spoilers inside!", with a "Show" button. Click the button to view that info. That's where the step-by-step instructions are.

Chris C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Letterbomb method and after Launching Bootmii to create the NAND back up, a black screen appears every time. I am having to go to the Homebrew Channel and press Home to Launch Bootmii if that helps.

Also since I started from a different guide, I left this ("uncheck Bundle the HackMii Installer for Me") checked.

pascalia

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I bought a WII 1 month ago so i have latest wiimotes and 4.3 version. I am from Greece. Should i proceed or is it a chance to have wiimotes not responding?

i am talking about homebrew channel of course

gABBY25

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hi all!

First of all I would like to thank OP for this detailed guid on softmodding the wii.

However,

I got a small but annoying problem regarding updating my wii to version 4.2 E.

I'm currently on 4.1 E.

I recieved the link where I could find the needed update files en followed the guide using both bannerbomb and YAWM patch.

When YAWM is busy updating it installs most of the IOS files without a problem, even the shopping channel. But at the end it gives me summary of the finished works and gives an error on the System Menu 4.2 WAD. So I am unable to install the 4.2 System Menu.

It gives this error both on YAWM and Bannerbom installation.

Am I missing something here?

Edit1: Ps, I would to mention that I tried to install the official update with wifi, but no succes. It says the wii is up to date at 4.1 firmware. So thats also something a bit weird.

I checekd if priiloader isn't blocking any updates by holding the reset button and power button when I boot. But none of priiloader is installed atm, so that couldn't be it.

Sp1R1t

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone...

I have a 4.3E wii modded and i cant load the game "We dare" I am trying to open it with iOS 249 and it freezes while loading after i choose the avatar(Guest)...

How do i can fix it? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free