• Total voters

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
xzxero said:
extract from NUSDv12.zip and open this program up and check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to system, system menu, choose v449 [4.1u] [[450 4.1e for pal users]] and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 60, choose v6174 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 15, choose v257 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 15, choose v266 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 36, choose v3094 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 37, choose v3612 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 38, choose v3610 and click start NUS Download.

you should end up with 6 folders named as numbers in the folder where you extracted NUS Downloader. In each of those folders, there is some files and a .wad. Take the .wad out of each folder and place them on the root of your sd card. When all 6 files are there, grab "IOS60-64-v6174.wad" and "System Menu-NUS-v449.wad" and place them in a folder called "wad" on the root of your sd card. you must create this folder. By now your sd card should look like this
now.png

Are you typing anything different into the "Pack-> WAD" box? Or are you renaming the .WAD's afterwards? Or am I not using it properly?

Downloading the system menu wad (450) leaves me with a file called 0000000100000002-NUS-v450.wad, your guide doesn't say to rename them?

Not a noob just trying to make the guide noob proof (if such a thing exists).

you need to put that in the wad folder

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
xzxero said:
extract from NUSDv12.zip and open this program up and check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to system, system menu, choose v449 [4.1u] [[450 4.1e for pal users]] and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 60, choose v6174 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 15, choose v257 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 15, choose v266 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 36, choose v3094 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 37, choose v3612 and click start NUS Download.

Again, in NUS Downloader, check "pack -> wad" on the bottom and on the top where it says "database" navigate to IOS, IOS 38, choose v3610 and click start NUS Download.

you should end up with 6 folders named as numbers in the folder where you extracted NUS Downloader. In each of those folders, there is some files and a .wad. Take the .wad out of each folder and place them on the root of your sd card. When all 6 files are there, grab "IOS60-64-v6174.wad" and "System Menu-NUS-v449.wad" and place them in a folder called "wad" on the root of your sd card. you must create this folder. By now your sd card should look like this
now.png

Are you typing anything different into the "Pack-> WAD" box? Or are you renaming the .WAD's afterwards? Or am I not using it properly?

Downloading the system menu wad (450) leaves me with a file called 0000000100000002-NUS-v450.wad, your guide doesn't say to rename them?

Not a noob just trying to make the guide noob proof (if such a thing exists).

thank you for your concern.
It's the same file however, i checked the Pack-> WAD box before i choose the ios im looking for, not after

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
It's the same file however, i checked the Pack-> WAD box before i choose the ios im looking for, not after

Yeah, it's OK, second time around NUSD corrected the WAD filenames, nevermind.

odja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have problem: in this guide is "Run Bootmii by turning off and on your wii.", but if bootmii is installed in IOS that don't work. It is true?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
xzxero said:
odja said:
Sorry!!
But i have question: i don't need use: dop-IOS?

no trucha bug restorer takes cares of that.

Actually you could include using dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check. I think you can even just replace the wad installation of that IOS before the system menu with using dop-IOS instead. Just at least do it before installing preloader if you don't want to replace that step. I'm not sure how it works offline though...I think you may need to have the IOS60 on your sd card not packed to a wad or something. Not positive on that though.

By using dop-IOS to install it with the sig hash check, you will also be able to play installed vc/wiiware wads from the sd card menu. Without patching that in as it stands, the sd card menu can only be used for official legit channels.

well i wanted to make the guide work without the need for WiFi but ill try implementing that program because it's good.

QUOTE(ToneEQ @ Aug 4 2009, 09:14 PM) QUOTE(xzxero @ Aug 4 2009, 09:11 PM)

Yeah, it's OK, second time around NUSD corrected the WAD filenames, nevermind.

cool.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
odja said:
I have problem: in this guide is "Run Bootmii by turning off and on your wii.", but if bootmii is installed in IOS that don't work. It is true?

really? well try going through the homebrew channel.

press home while on the homebrew channel and choose "load bootmii"

odja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean that bootmii don't run after restart Wii when is installed in IOS. I know that when i press home on HBC that i may run bootmii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Run Bootmii by turning your wii off and on. (only if you have a boot2 install, IOS version must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.)
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A. (If you don't have a GC controller you can use the power button to move right, and the reset button to select on the Wii itself; however, this will not work on the IOS version, and a GC controller MUST be used).
Press A(or reset) again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup, which will need at least around 540 MB on your SD card free.

Edited to be a bit more thorough.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
updated the .zip and guide to implement the patched ios60 for wiiware off sd card and detailed the bootmii instructions, thanks everyone

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Run Bootmii by turning your wii off and on. (only if you have a boot2 install, IOS version must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.)
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A. (If you don't have a GC controller you can use the power button to move right, and the reset button to select on the Wii itself; however, this will not work on the IOS version, and a GC controller MUST be used).
Press A(or reset) again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup, which will need at least around 540 MB on your SD card free.

Edited to be a bit more thorough.
thank you for explaining

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get an error when downgrading ios15. TRB finds my 266 and 257 versions, but fails to install ticket. i get an error 1035, could not set the revision to 0. what does that mean? i followed the guide, though im on the second step. im not new to the scene, so i know how to follow instructions. my wii is 4.1u with bootmii installed as ios and in boot2. thats as far as i can get. what am i missing?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright, well skip the trucha bug step and start on the dop-ios v7 step.
you should be good to go if you can install CIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)