tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Friend has a special Metal Gear edition PS3,
And I wanted to know whether its possible to mod these kinds of non-standard PS3s using the regular methods.

I still need to check what Firmware he has, but I already know how to do it for 3.55 and below.
It would be appreciated if someone could give me some props on how these special consoles work and whether its possible to mod above 3.55 using external tools like psjailbreak (which I know shit about)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Last I checked, those special consoles just had a neat design and that's all that's different. It should be able to be hacked like any other PS3 out on the market at this point.

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the answer,
So they have no special Motherboard thing which cannot be hacked like some PSPs had?
What about psjailbreak, how does it actually work, and does it work with any Firmware version?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
tj445 said:
My Friend has a special Metal Gear edition PS3,
And I wanted to know whether its possible to mod these kinds of non-standard PS3s using the regular methods.

I still need to check what Firmware he has, but I already know how to do it for 3.55 and below.
It would be appreciated if someone could give me some props on how these special consoles work and whether its possible to mod above 3.55 using external tools like pspjailbreak (which I know shit about)
Keep it on 3.55, its a no-go for anything above.
The special editions should work the same the current hacks like kmeaw, rebug etc.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3 doesn't appear to be as picky as the PSP with the many motherboard revisions, or at least they don't matter as much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night