Hacking modding issue

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I followed directions to a T in the sticky above for modding my 1001 everything goes well but when i try to play games they dont load just get an error. This is the 3rd psp ive done and have not had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the iso load driver.. m33, np9660 and inferno are some drivers. The inferno driver is really good..

Does anyone know why this is? and by that i mean get technical

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
Check the iso load driver.. m33, np9660 and inferno are some drivers. The inferno driver is really good..

Does anyone know why this is? and by that i mean get technical

Cant seem to get that menu to come up on this psp. On my other I just hit select and the menu to change it comes up

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Some PSPs, to my experience, just CAN NOT bring the VSH menu up. I don't know why (I think it has to do with motherboards, there was a 1000 Mobo with hacking issues back in the day).

You can try to go into the Recovery menu by holding r and starting it up after a complete shutdown. check the settings and see if VSH menu is disabled.

Another possibility is that the select button is broken. Try playing a game and testing it (Monster hunter, for example, will make the player kick lol).

EDIT: also know all the stuff in the VSH can be changed in the Recovery menu, too, so if it wont work just use that.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Some PSPs, to my experience, just CAN NOT bring the VSH menu up. I don't know why (I think it has to do with motherboards, there was a 1000 Mobo with hacking issues back in the day).

You can try to go into the Recovery menu by holding r and starting it up after a complete shutdown. check the settings and see if VSH menu is disabled.

Another possibility is that the select button is broken. Try playing a game and testing it (Monster hunter, for example, will make the player kick lol).

EDIT: also know all the stuff in the VSH can be changed in the Recovery menu, too, so if it wont work just use that.

I got into the recovery menu and vsh was enabled. I did change the umd mode to m33 driver no umd and then I was able to load a game. Any other way to tell if select is broken I dont have any of the MH series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn