Hacking Modding 3DS - Step 3 results in wrong program launching?

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am following the Plailect guide to the T here and I am on this step https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

When I go to launch ARM9loaderhax using the web link http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on the 3ds web browser, it launches OTPHelper instead of arm11.bin it seems. I do get a distorted screen on the bottom before it launches, but it launches something nonetheless. Any ideas why that link is launching a different program? Thanks for the assistance.

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
- Ensure arm9.bin and arm11.bin in the SDcard
- re insert the SDcard

Just to be sure that your console can load arm11.bin.

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, there must have been a bad download. Reloaded the files on the SD and it finally went. Should have tried that first. Thanks again!

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man guys I hate to bring up another issue, but this isn't a redownload files one. So I am on this step now https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-ctrtransfer all files are where they should be and armhax or whatever has been installed successfully (the original reason this thread was made), but when I boot holding X it goes right into the 3DS menu. Doesn't load arm9loaderhax - thoughts on this one? I am typically successful following instructions but this is jumping around so much it's difficult to backtrack, but I have verified all prior steps have been done and folders are named exactly as required. Thanks again.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man guys I hate to bring up another issue, but this isn't a redownload files one. So I am on this step now https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-ctrtransfer all files are where they should be and armhax or whatever has been installed successfully (the original reason this thread was made), but when I boot holding X it goes right into the 3DS menu. Doesn't load arm9loaderhax - thoughts on this one? I am typically successful following instructions but this is jumping around so much it's difficult to backtrack, but I have verified all prior steps have been done and folders are named exactly as required. Thanks again.
You should put the Decrypt9WIP.bin from the Decrypt 9 zip download into SD:/luma/payloads and rename it to x_Decrypt9.bin

Reactions: KiiWii

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
A9lh isn't a thing that launches something on screen; which step specifically are you at?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's even in the guide you linked:

Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to x_Decrypt9WIP.bin

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A9lh isn't a thing that launches something on screen; which step specifically are you at?
He's trying to boot the Decrypt9 payload when holding X.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What happens if you power it on while holding START?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hourglass9 loads as intended. Just can't do the SysNAN restore until the previous step is done
Wait. Are you saying you have a 9.2 NAND backup from the guide?

If so, you don't need Decrypt9. That troubleshoot guide is for those without a valid NAND to restore.

Anyway, if Hourglass is booting alright, there's something wrong with your Decrypt9 payload. Make sure it's the latest one, and try renaming it shorter. x_d9.bin or shomething like that. That shouldn't hurt.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Hourglass9 loads as intended. Just can't do the SysNAN restore until the previous step is done
Which version did you start on? That guide specifically is for starting on 2.1 or downgraded without a backup; you can flash a backup instead of ctrtransfer 9.2 afaik - @Olmectron that's right isn't it?

Reactions: Olmectron

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have backed up my NAND as the guide stated. That was done in Part 2, but I don't see where it backed up to, and when doing the restore it does not find the NANDmin.bin file by default.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would have backed up my NAND as the guide stated. That was done in Part 2, but I don't see where it backed up to, and when doing the restore it does not find the NANDmin.bin file by default.
It should be in the files9 directory, which is in the root of the SD card.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Which version did you start on? That guide specifically is for starting on 2.1 or downgraded without a backup; you can flash a backup instead of ctrtransfer 9.2 afaik - @Olmectron that's right isn't it?
Exactly.

I was on firmware 4.2 before, then downgraded to 2.1.
There should be the 4.2 NAND backup, then, in your files9 directory

If you are using an Original 3DS (which I think you're since you can load the home menu), you can try to update directly from System Settings.

Last edited by Olmectron,

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
euf61blml

Here are my files. It appears it did not create that particular file.

Ok I'll do the system update. I was hesitant even though it says it's safe. Just wanted to do the backup restore if possible. Image didn't link, here is the files in my SD card (on top) and on my backup to a flash drive, as the guide suggested https://postimg.org/image/euf61blml/

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If using a O3DS try to update directly from System Settings.

If that doesn't work, try renaming the payload to start_Decrypt9.bin, and delete the Hourglass payload, then try to load it by holding START on power on.

I saw the files. Just secondary click -> Open image in new tab worked.

Yeah, there's no backup, don't know why. Maybe you skipped it when prompted, by accident? Whatever, I hope the System Update works.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
euf61blml

Here are my files. It appears it did not create that particular file.

Ok I'll do the system update. I was hesitant even though it says it's safe. Just wanted to do the backup restore if possible. Image didn't link, here is the files in my SD card (on top) and on my backup to a flash drive, as the guide suggested https://postimg.org/image/euf61blml/
Have a check through the other folders, maybe emunand9. The file your looking for is ~1GB - but its looking like its not there; so unfortunately you don't have anything to restore.
What's your SD card size? If you're using a 2GB there probably wasn't enough space for the backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: