Hacking Modchipfactory are Scammers

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok mines different. Just looked it up and you have to write to them with evidence of invoice, attempting to cancel / get a refund and stuff

KarlslandOtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also want to ask, did Kevin email you from this address: [email protected]? Or is it another one? Thanks.

Hey there,
Nope, it was sales(at)modchipfactory(dot)com
I should also mention that I was contacted first. (I didn't email them first.)
Maybe you could ask about your order through that? (If you are still curious about the status of it.)
Good thing I noticed your message btw as it is getting late-ish (close to 9PM) and I was about to go play EarthBound (First play-through about half-way) ^_^

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,
Nope, it was sales(at)modchipfactory(dot)com
I should also mention that I was contacted first. (I didn't email them first.)
Maybe you could ask about your order through that? (If you are still curious about the status of it.)
Good thing I noticed your message btw as it is getting late-ish (close to 9PM) and I was about to go play EarthBound (First play-through about half-way) ^_^

Thanks for the quick response. I shall email him and try to ask about it.
Also, why is modchipfactory website getting unresponsive/overloaded these days? I have to refresh a couple of times to load any page. :S

Have fun on your EarthBound, I'm definitely gonna play it someday! :D

KarlslandOtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response. I shall email him and try to ask about it.
Also, why is modchipfactory website getting unresponsive/overloaded these days? I have to refresh a couple of times to load any page. :S

Have fun on your EarthBound, I'm definitely gonna play it someday! :D

No problem,
Idk That is the only off-putting thing about them in my book so far (It seems to get overloaded very easily).
Thanks! ^_^
I have had it on my backlog for about 5 or so years since I bought my copy. It starts out quite slow but soon enough (about 30 min to an hour in) it picks up steam & it gets better each time I continue. (It can be frustrating for about the first 2-3 areas though just so you know)
Btw I'm going to bed for now. talk to you later! :lol:
edit: Mine just shipped! ^_^

Last edited by KarlslandOtaku,

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem,
Idk That is the only off-putting thing about them in my book so far (It seems to get overloaded very easily).
Thanks! ^_^
I have had it on my backlog for about 5 or so years since I bought my copy. It starts out quite slow but soon enough (about 30 min to an hour in) it picks up steam & it gets better each time I continue. (It can be frustrating for about the first 2-3 areas though just so you know)
Btw I'm going to bed for now. talk to you later! :lol:
edit: Mine just shipped! ^_^
Hey! Big news today!!!~
Few hours after I emailed Kevin, he messaged me back telling me my product has shipped! He also provided tracking number.

Hi,how are you ? This is kevin from www.modchipfactory.com.

Your package has been shipped out,here is your tracking number [deleted],you can track it in http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp as well,note,maybe at present you cant get any tracking information,pls dont worry,just the tracking system didnt update so quickly,pls check it 48hours later,we will keep track it for you at the same time.

Pls notice that your order transaction on our site will show "BFGSY WBAYAD" on your payment bill. It will Not show our site name. pls be aware of this in case you didn't know it. thanks

Welcome to reput order from modchipfactory.com.
Any questions,welcome to ask me freely.

Have a nice day.
Regards​

I went back to modchipfactory website and the status update has been updated to SHIPPED! I'm so relieved now. I hope your product gets shipped ASAP too! :)

EDIT: WOOHOO! High five for incoming shipment ! :D

Reactions: KarlslandOtaku

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well he definitely doesn't seem happy as he got fraudulent charges on his card, and no delivery/update on his order. I really hope modchipfactory makes up for him somehow.
i think its a bit much to assume that the fraudulent charges where from modchipcentral, there are numerous ways people can have their bank details end up in the wrong hands, if it was mod chip central im sure there would be more than 1 person having the same trouble, they would try empty as many accounts as they have on record, its just as likely he has some sort of malware/keylogger on his computer.....without several reports from users all having the same issue of fraudulent charges after ordering from MCC i think its a bit much to just assume it was them

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I must say I was starting to have my doubts, but am relieved to get the shipping email. With the dstwo being out of production for a long time I was wondering if these sites were just saying they were getting them to get the orders, but I was proved wrong :)

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I must say I was starting to have my doubts, but am relieved to get the shipping email. With the dstwo being out of production for a long time I was wondering if these sites were just saying they were getting them to get the orders, but I was proved wrong :)
Same here, I really panicked when I saw this thread about ModChipFactory being scammers though. :S
Anyway, how long will the HK post take to arrive to the UK? Anyone had similar experiences?

Reactions: mrbits

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always used this website. I have never had any issues like the op is having. It is possible that their server and website has been hacked.

KarlslandOtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, I really panicked when I saw this thread about ModChipFactory being scammers though. :S
Anyway, how long will the HK post take to arrive to the UK? Anyone had similar experiences?

Hi again,
Same here as well.
I was just about to check the shipping section of their site but it seems to be having server issues...
I looked there earlier today though & I am almost positive it said 6 to 10 days for the UK & 2 to 5 for the US. ^_^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi again,
Same here as well.
I was just about to check the shipping section of their site but it seems to be having server issues...
I looked there earlier today though & I am almost positive it said 6 to 10 days for the UK & 2 to 5 for the US. ^_^
yeah pretty much, although often the estimates are a little optimistic,
on the site it says 7-10 days...converted to non-optimistic timeframes, i would guess 7-15 days before you start worrying :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: