samred

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw this file for download at a site: ModCheap.Launcher.for.D2A.Wii.Version-WAB ... says that you can hook the Wii up to your PC via parallel port and run a PC program to bypass the system's security check, thus negating the need for a mod chip. Still, this seems to require opening the Wii up and connecting the parallel port cable to the mobo, though one forum poster who doesn't speak English cobbled something together about how this new one doesn't require modding or soldering anything. I somehow doubt that--how exactly does one connect a parallel port to the Wii? Has someone come up with a magic way to do this through a GC memory card slot or something? Or does this still require opening and sautering? Any guidance would be lovely, as otherwise, I don't see how this is better than a modchip.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It involves soldering the port to the same point that the modchips use I believe. So already you're doing more work for this then you are installing a mod chip. And sorry, no magic way of doing this with a memory card
biggrin.gif

craig588

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The benfit you get is not needing to buy a 2$ PIC. I don't like it though because I don't want to have to deal with a computer to play with a Wii. The soldering's really easy, one of the easiest mod chips to install. I figure pretty much everyone has a PS2, it's much easier than that mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.