Hardware Mod a hard drive for the phat 360

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I was having difficulty finding an official 250gb hard drive anymore for my phat 360 already, I'd just about given up as another member on another forum that discussed this issue brought up the following linkage, suggesting that getting a standard WD hard disk that could be modded for usage.

Now, while my DVD firmware may be LT+, I've also been able to verify that my Xval is clean too. I've been very careful about what I do with the 360 because I have wanted to avoid the risk of potential bannage. Thankfully with the help of communities like this one
lecture.gif
I've been doing well about that. But to me this just seems to raise that red flag of showing up as either a case of it not working (and wasting the money)
excl.gif
or getting flagged for ban.
ph34r.gif

So, I ask fellow tempers, has anyone here been able to do this successfully? I could really appreciate the extra storage, and at the relative savings (ideally I would want to get an enclosure to put the new one in), the cost of the HDD transfer cable would be nothing by comparison. So, does it work? Can you get flagged for something like this?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It works fine, loads of people use modded western digital drives. As for getting banned, I've not heard of any one getting banned for using one.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember it was a problem for some that started doing it back then. But I suppose the reason it hasn't been as big a deal now is both with the dash update that allows USB drives to work for storage, and because they basically stopped making drives that are compatible with the phat systems.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over