MochaCFW reboot loop with USB storage

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by der_sed, Oct 9, 2017.

1. der_sed
    OP

der_sed Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009
    Pakistan
    Everything used to work fine for me till yesterday.

When I start my WiiU starts and the USD HDD games load on the screen.
    Then I click HAXCHI to boot into HBL
    From HBL, I click MOCHA CFW.
    Mocha loads but without any games, and after 2-3 seconds gives the message: Please only connect or disconnect USB storage while console is powered off.
    Mocha CFW resets....
    After this MochaCFW keeps reseting itself and displaying the same message again and again.

The USB storage works fine out of CFW (just that I cant run those games since they were isntalled with WUPInstaller on MochaCFW).
    If I quickly click settings before MOCHA CFW throws that error message, I am able to browse my games too in the Storage settings.

Do you guys suggest that I format my SD card (all 64GB) and reisntall MOCHA CFW.
    I could do that. Just that Im worried that my save games wont work in the new MOCHA CFW that I install.

This issue could be related to some experimentation I did 3 days ago: I tried to update Rednand to 5.5.2 from 5.5.1 by following this guide:
    gbatemp<DOT>net/threads/how-to-update-rednand-to-5-5-2.477906/

I was able to install only:
    /storage_mlc/sys/update/nup/0005001010041100/ <---- ONLY THIS ONE INSTALLED without errors
    /storage_mlc/sys/update/nup/0005001B10051000/
    /storage_mlc/sys/update/nup/000500301001210A/
    /storage_mlc/sys/update/nup/000500301001A10A/

Maybe this title update FKED up my MOCHA CFW.
    But the thing is it worked fine for a day or two after this tinkering.

2. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    I had this EXACT problem, let my upload my config file which solved the issue.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[MOCHA]
    viewMode=1
    directLaunch=1
    launchImage=0
    noIosReload=1
    launchSysMenu=0
    redNAND=0
    seeprom_red=0
    otp_red=0
    syshaxXml=1

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Replace your config file with the above! It fixed my issue with my Sysnand doing it.

Last edited by I_AM_L_FORCE, Oct 9, 2017
  3. der_sed
    OP

der_sed Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009
    Pakistan
    Thanks man- but it didnot work for me.
    I think because since I dont CBHC so (syshaxXml should be zero for me). I applied the setting and MOCHA kept crashing.
    But Im still stuck in the same loop.

If I reinstall MOCHA-CFW...the whole NAND to SD dumping process...
    Will my old USB storage pick up games and game saves? Or will the games need to be re-installed in the new CFW.

4. der_sed
    OP

der_sed Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009
    Pakistan
    This is how it got fixed on its own:

-Booted into MOCHA CFW
    -Quickly opened settings before that error message pops
    -Went into storage
    -Moved ZELDA-BOTW ( I think any game would have done) from USB to internal WiiU storage( my WiiU storage in MOCHA CFW was empty- no games on it)
    -Exited settings hoping that I'd be able to at least play my most fav game without this USB issue... but once I exited settings...all games loaded!

5. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    I have the same problem from to time to time, it can be months withouth issues or it can be each time I turn on the wii U, the only way to solve this I have found was to force shutdown and turning on it again, I'll try moving BOTW.

6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    You don't need to dump NAND, you know. That's a depreciated thing. If you're actually using an EmuNAND, that might well be the source of your woes. You should probably just try running Mocha without anything like that.