Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

RadChad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I can't seem to find an answer to this. I got Mocha CFW to run on RedNand, everything works fine until I power down the system. I have an external hdd with a Y- Cable that worked just fine during the whole install process and when using SysNand normally. The issue is everytime I boot into Mocha CFW it seems to disconnect my external hdd and gives me the prompt "Please only connect or disconnect USB storage devices while the console is powered off." So my next step is booting the console again to Mocha CFW without the external hdd connected. I am then greeted with -3 black screen. I don't really know where to go to find this solution to my issue but any advice or being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the same issue, but mine started randomly out of nowhere. Got my Wii U yesterday, set up rednand+CBHC etc through plailect's guide, been playing it off and on last night and then this morning, and then out of nowhere when I boot up I get that error. If i press the home button during CBHC load and load into sysnand instead of rednand my ext hard drive shows up fine. If I boot into rednand without the HD connected I don't get the error. Really not sure what to do.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With mocha 0.3b, you can use FAT32 HDD as if it was a WiiU formated HDD (the console will not know), but the game will be very slow as it's using nintendo's FAT32 drivers to access the game. nintendo did a bad FAT32 driver (maybe on purpose).
So, using 0.3b, you can store your wii and gc games in one folder, and your Wiiu "fake, redirected USB HDD" in another folder.

It's also a beta and it's missing lot of features, like copy/move/install game directly to USB from wup installer.
you'll have to do lot of tricks and edit manually the files on the drive to make the game work.
not sure it's worth your time.
Is it possible for the Wii U being hacked to improve FAT32 drivers?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
possible, yes I guess. ftpiiu everywhere use a dedicated (external) driver, not the one from nintendo, thanks to IOSUHax API. but it's done inside a homebrew, not inside a game using specific drivers from sdk.
it's probably more probable to add/change drivers than with Wii games who didn't rely on an OS.
easy.. maybe not. It could depends on lot of things, how it can be done, who is the developer doing it, etc. (different devs have different idea on how file system "should" be accessed).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: tivu100

metroid73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so here is my problem. I have been using Mocha with redNAND and have not had any problems until today when I tried to boot it up with new files in the install folder so I could put SSB4 onto redNAND. Now whenever I use the Haxchi title to load Mocha it gets stuck at the Mocha/Wii U Menu splash screen. Other than the SSB4 files that were added to the SD nothing was changed. Any ideas of what could have happened?

D

Deleted User

Hello, so here is my problem. I have been using Mocha with redNAND and have not had any problems until today when I tried to boot it up with new files in the install folder so I could put SSB4 onto redNAND. Now whenever I use the Haxchi title to load Mocha it gets stuck at the Mocha/Wii U Menu splash screen. Other than the SSB4 files that were added to the SD nothing was changed. Any ideas of what could have happened?
*sigh* Welcome to my redNAND got corrupted team, how may i help you?
In other words, stop using it and move to sysNAND, everything you did on redNAND is gone now.

metroid73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* Welcome to my redNAND got corrupted team, how may i help you?
In other words, stop using it and move to sysNAND, everything you did on redNAND is gone now.
Really? Damn, thats what I was worried about. So I guess I have to delete my redNAND and do it all over again?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just worried that if I use Mocha CFW without redNAND I could risk bricking it, and I really wanna avoid that.
You won't brick if you just install games from usb helper or a similar program.
How likely is redNAND to to corrupt on its own anyways? Is it likely?
Lets just say, just booting/exiting it has a huge chance of corrupting it.

shixooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey Guys.plz help me
I installed haxchi,cbhc and mocha cfw and i want to run loadiine ready games on usb i have a 500gb usb3 toshiba hdd fat32(with gui format) i boot to mocha then to browserhax to run loadiine but it keep saying couldnt load file wiiu/apps/hbl..I tried a 32gb flash drive and it worked..what should i do to make mocha recognize my hdd.
Sorry for my eng.

memoryman3

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish Mocha would have an optional mode for allowing full access to the SD card for apps, so I can run my Super Mario Maker amiibo codes.

I also think FTPII U Everywhere needs improvement, as I cannot inject my SMM files onto the update folder without the game hanging

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Mocha would have an optional mode for allowing full access to the SD card for apps, so I can run my Super Mario Maker amiibo codes.
You're saying this like you've never heard of FSHax and Mocha with FSHax, but you've already responded in that thread. If you already know about pertinent solutions, please mention it so people don't waste their time suggesting something you've previously tested.
I also think FTPII U Everywhere needs improvement, as I cannot inject my SMM files onto the update folder without the game hanging
If FTP got the file there, and you can transfer it back and still have the exact same file, FTP did its job. If you removed or created any directories, you may have messed up the quota system. I think that's what happens with saves if you try to ftp a save that didn't exist previously. You also need to check the update's tmd to make sure that the files you replace aren't hashed.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh, hashed files. So...how do I actually check the tmd?
Hmm. Just tried to do it myself and it looks like the hash is of the decrypted app the file came from (which makes me wonder why the tmd needs to be there.) I guess I don't know where the signatures of what smealum called 'critical descriptors' are. The FST references the size of each file, but I don't see anything signature-wise there. The size must not be being tested, because everyone's content hacks / undubs wouldn't work if that was the case (though most people are repacking, so that wouldn't be an issue).

Looks like I'll have to do more reading/digging to understand where the checks are. Sorry to give you false hope on the direction.

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I'm noob, mocha run on my system without any image or settings. Is there a way to setup mocha (show a setting page) ? And show an image that tells me that mocha is running?

D

Deleted User

Hi guys I'm noob, mocha run on my system without any image or settings. Is there a way to setup mocha (show a setting page) ? And show an image that tells me that mocha is running?
If you hold down B after launching Mocha from HBL, a menu should pop up. When you're there, make sure that "Show this menu on launch" or something like that is set to "ON." You can also tick "Show launch image" but only if "Don't relaunch OS" is set to "OFF."

A little mind-boggling, but once you see the menu, you'll understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free