Hacking Mocha CFW region changement

Trash753

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys.
I've recently installed Mocha CFW on my WiiU, and i would like to play to Zelda BotW for example.

The configuration :
- WiiU 5.5.1U [region USA]
- browser hack
- Mocha CFW v0.2 on redNand
- Zelda BotW [region EU]
(works very well)

The problem :
When i launch the game, i would like to play with french configuration (french languages, french menus, french voices, ...) BUT its configured as USA region with english configuration.
When i go in System Configuration Tool, i can see my WiiU and games titles are configured in USA region :
- Game region : --- USA --- --- --- ---
- Platform region : USA
- Language : French

When i change the region in that tool, i've the message "Failed save changes" at validation. Besides when i change the calendar time, i can save correctly.
Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When i change the region in that tool
What are you changing exactly?

You should be able to change the game region, but it won't help your case
Changing the platform region without installing matching-region operating system titles will brick your console, maybe that's why SystemConfigTool blocks it (and I don't think anyone who tried region changing a non-developer WiiU, if such a person exists at all, reported any result)

You might want to try the Spiik homebrew, or looking at the game's decrypted files to see if they're in folders named according to region/language, and in that case trying to move them around...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes spiik will help you so download it and put it on your sd card then switch on wiiu and start the homebrew launcher then select spiik then once spiik loads change language to french and region to Europe the wiiu will then restart then just select your game and it will be in french.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction