Gaming Mobile suit Gundam Age Universe Accel translation

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From the legal perspective, an IPS or PPF patch is changing the checksum data and contains only data that DIFFERS from the original.
Therefore a patch is considered to be "derivative work" which is, under the conditions of no-profit and sth that doesn't makes the author of the work your work is based on losing money
(Hence why it is is important not to distribute any portion of the game, this is not what a patch is doing).

So the statement that any translation patch is containg game data is wrong. It contains data based on the original data but as such, is an original creative work and even falls under copyright rules for the translator.

Which means: Everyone who is using a translated work without the permission of the translator can be ACTUALLY sued for that. Just saying.
A translation as such is to be threated as an individual creative work and falls under protecion.

A 300 MB patch will clearly contain data which was already in there before and as such, is breaking laws.

demon8796

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the legal perspective, an IPS or PPF patch is changing the checksum data and contains only data that DIFFERS from the original.
Therefore a patch is considered to be "derivative work" which is, under the conditions of no-profit and sth that doesn't makes the author of the work your work is based on losing money
(Hence why it is is important not to distribute any portion of the game, this is not what a patch is doing).

So the statement that any translation patch is containg game data is wrong. It contains data based on the original data but as such, is an original creative work and even falls under copyright rules for the translator.

Which means: Everyone who is using a translated work without the permission of the translator can be ACTUALLY sued for that. Just saying.
A translation as such is to be threated as an individual creative work and falls under protecion.

A 300 MB patch will clearly contain data which was already in there before and as such, is breaking laws.

i don't quite understand what youre saying romstarr.
you were also making a patch for digimon redigitize right? how about helping them here? they can't make a smaller version of the patch. you have probably already finished reading all posts in this topic right?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For making a proper path here is my gift for you guys.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbip3p

First of all delta is pretty outdated, and ppf patches are mostly better anyways. (In my opinion=

You can create a patch with makeppf3..It is command line based.
you enter "makeppf3 a youriso.bin yourpatchediso.bin nameofyourpatch.ppf"
include ppfofmatic for your fans so they can apply the iso everything else is in the program.

I don't have the time to download the iso and go through this hustle, I have my own projects to take care of.
So whoever wants to do that, I gave you what you need for that

And for gods sake use different mirrors.

Sendspace and Mediafire are ok but everything else just blows (again that's me)

Reactions: 1 person

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
For making a proper path here is my gift for you guys.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbip3p
First of all delta is pretty outdated, and ppf patches are mostly better anyways. (In my opinion=
You can create a patch with makeppf3..It is command line based.
you enter "makeppf3 a youriso.bin yourpatchediso.bin nameofyourpatch.ppf"
include ppfofmatic for your fans so they can apply the iso everything else is in the program.
I don't have the time to download the iso and go through this hustle, I have my own projects to take care of.
So whoever wants to do that, I gave you what you need for that
And for gods sake use different mirrors.
Sendspace and Mediafire are ok but everything else just blows (again that's me)

Thank you kindly sir. I'll be looking into this. I hadn't really taken a look at PPF patches till now. Heard of them, but hadn't checked em out yet.

EDIT: OK after messing with MakePPF3 I run into one issue, it can't work with files being different sizes. The original CPK file is 460MB, the Edited one is 445MB. This results in different sized ISO files so MakePPF won't mess with it. Am I going to have to toss in some form of padding to bring the file sizes to be the same? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Maxtram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
uhm, so i tried the tutorial. - _ -
no luck.
i looked back and downloaded the big files, the 300mb patch, so how do i patch that? i don't have xdelta or deltapatcher lite... no luck searching it on google... links? anyone?
for the big ones open the xdeltapatcher lite

select your iso

select the patch

and then press begin patch (its a big button)

just wait till it finish and its done

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
No go. Still gives me the "Bin Files are different in size" error.
I tried changing the files themselves to .bin and I tried leaving them as .iso and got the error each time.
I'm thinking I need to add padding to the CPK somehow.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No go. Still gives me the "Bin Files are different in size" error.
I tried changing the files themselves to .bin and I tried leaving them as .iso and got the error each time.
I'm thinking I need to add padding to the CPK somehow.

ok try it with this "makeppf3 c -x original.bin patch.bin patch.ppf"
if it still doesn't work then maybe the padding thing has to be considered. I always used isos bigger than the original and never had an issue, never tried it with a smaller iso though.

Maxtram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i just wake up im gonna see further it this to make it work

i already know about the ppf patches but i didnt get to make it work

thats why i was with xdelta

@CrashmanX did you tried the patch i uploaded?

EDIT: I will see more it this but i have classes to go right now maybe in the night i will get into it, just continue with your work crashmanx

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
ok try it with this "makeppf3 c -x original.bin patch.bin patch.ppf"
if it still doesn't work then maybe the padding thing has to be considered. I always used isos bigger than the original and never had an issue, never tried it with a smaller iso though.

Unfortunately it's still giving me the "Different in size" error. I was thinking though, with Padding it'll end up being like xDelta. It'll take all the files AFTER the modified ones and throw those in the patch as well due to them being at a slightly different offset.

No Max, going to try it right now actually.
Patch works Max. We'll just have to use xDelta to patch the CPK files for now rather than the whole ISOs.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='CrashmanX'] @[member='Rydian']

Anyway, just to settle the matter, I've tested it myself with xdelta and creating a patch against the entire ISO creates a ~300MB patch.

It looks like CrashmanX has switched over to a singular patch of the modified CPK, which is indeed 200% more legal and also more handy than to always download an updated 300MB patch :P

It's a bit laborious to use UMDGen everytime (especially for n00bs), but if it supports command-line options then you should be able to create a n00b-friendly .bat which should do all the patching.

All the best with your project, CrashmanX! :yay:

demon8796

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mind sharing your save files for Universe Accel?
i wanna check some errors here. XD

btw, does anyone here know how to take a picture IN-GAME?
you know, like how to screenshot in psp?

Maxtram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
mind sharing your save files for Universe Accel?
i wanna check some errors here. XD

btw, does anyone here know how to take a picture IN-GAME?
you know, like how to screenshot in psp?
why the save file?

if you want to take screenshots you can use CWcheats it has and option for screenshots, there are other but thats the one i have and use

demon8796

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i have no plans on playing the game's story mode unless the majority of the "options/details" have been translated.
but if you can't, then i'll just play it later. XD

which cwcheat did you use? i'm not familiar with cwcheats since i can't find a version that can run in my PspGo without a hitch.
if you can help me, it'd really save me.

Maxtram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well, i have no plans on playing the game's story mode unless the majority of the "options/details" have been translated.
but if you can't, then i'll just play it later. XD

which cwcheat did you use? i'm not familiar with cwcheats since i can't find a version that can run in my PspGo without a hitch.
if you can help me, it'd really save me.
i dont have a pspgo so i cant help you there search for it on google
but maybe you have to see what firmware you have so that can be your problem in first place

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
@[member='CrashmanX'] @[member='Rydian']
Anyway, just to settle the matter, I've tested it myself with xdelta and creating a patch against the entire ISO creates a ~300MB patch.
It looks like CrashmanX has switched over to a singular patch of the modified CPK, which is indeed 200% more legal and also more handy than to always download an updated 300MB patch :P
It's a bit laborious to use UMDGen everytime (especially for n00bs), but if it supports command-line options then you should be able to create a n00b-friendly .bat which should do all the patching.
All the best with your project, CrashmanX! :yay:

Thank ya kindly sir.

Progress update: Realized I broke the Pilot Skills menu on the Team page (Under assembled team) and have been trying to figure out how to fix it.

demon8796

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just found a seplugin earlier for making screenshots. im gonna give it a try.

btw, after playing the "patch for Cosmic Drive" i haven't encountered a bug yet. (which is a very good thing)
there were only a few grammatical errors that I wanted to be corrected, would you guys do it? XD

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
i just found a seplugin earlier for making screenshots. im gonna give it a try.

btw, after playing the "patch for Cosmic Drive" i haven't encountered a bug yet. (which is a very good thing)
there were only a few grammatical errors that I wanted to be corrected, would you guys do it? XD

Yes. Post screenshots or exact grammatical text and I'll fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended