Hacking MLTHaKu! Install Henkaku with SD2Vita without Memory Card!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help, but from the get go I dont own a psvita memory card as I thought we didn't need one to get the sd2vita going, so should I buy one first?

you shouldn't with this. I've never used it though. I believe this is the point of this actually.

nvgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you shouldn't with this. I've never used it though. I believe this is the point of this actually.

I do have the fat ps vita oled without built in memory

so perhaps I missing something?

so first flash henkaku, but then to install enso I need molecule but since I dont have a sony memory card or any internal memory ( fat ps vita) I don't have a molecule bubble I cant install enso.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first try my suggestion, secondarily, I only have two vita pstv's that I hacked, one, with the initial version of mlthaku, and then the other with the new version of mlthaku, then, I updated the other one with the old installation of mlthaku with the new one.

you can try the "sd2vita" plugin and add it manually to the tai/config.txt folder and add the line to the config.txt, since mlthaku prefers internal memory. henkaku.xyz/go/ will install to official memory card the "molecule", needed to install henkaku enso.vpk, then you will add the "sd2vita" plugin to the tai folder and the path to the config.txt in the tai folder..................when you restart your vita, then your official memory card will be on ux0 as normal, but your Micro SD will be on "uma0", then you install "USBMC" and after you restart your Micro SD will be on ux0, then you should be finished, that is only a theory, I don't have a fat ps vita to test this out, but in theory it should work.

(the answer is yes, with no internal memory, you need to use an official memory card, and you can't use mlthaku since it uses internal memory, your forced into using the "sd2vita plugin")

(next best thing to do, is to assume mlthaku has programming to detect a vita without internal memory, and to follow the installation guide, with an official memory card, and maybe it will be used like internal memory) (you will just have to test this out)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Blassstt

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3 weeks here buddy, and 1 week for the USA one, after that, i stopped messing with the smiley face ones. and bough the OG one.

That's weird. I bought two smiley faced ones in different colors and I had no issue getting them working. The only issue was a design wise but easily resolved by sanding it off. (The card itself was too high after the microsd was inserted to be able to close the port cover)

Vtrevino317

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused. In order to install molecular you need a memory card, but the only way to install sd2vita is through molecular. How are you supposed to install henkaku w/o a memory card?

Last edited by Vtrevino317,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused. In order to install molecular you need a memory card, but the only way to install sd2vita is through molecular. How are you supposed to install henkaku w/o a memory card?

well, the MLT method is supposed to fix that as long as everything is prepared with the micro sd card.

Last edited by godreborn,

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mines already modded upto Enzo and adrenaline , what do I have to do next to get my card adapter working ? Do I have to follow from start to finish again ? Or can I skip some steps ?

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So, if I have a new formatted ps vita 2k, I just need to put sd2vita in then enter mlthaku, it will hack my vita fully with sd2vita or do I need to hack it first with henkaku, delete ur0:tai.... Ect ? (My SDcard was previously used mlthaku)

Last edited by NotACat,

facundoj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question. I've just done the exploit and now have the 3 bubbles: VitaShell, enso and Adrenaline, what should I do now? Installing enso?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I've just done the exploit and now have the 3 bubbles: VitaShell, enso and Adrenaline, what should I do now? Installing enso?

Molecular Shell (follow instructions inside, install, then ignore error, and refresh from vita shell)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GRH2gf3Ke9nCHEsXHoOjdHld4Z3lGj_r

(After you installed mlthaku, it installs vitashell and adrenaline, and enso, run enso and then restart, then install "Molecular Shell" from vita shell that was installed from mlthaku, then uninstall/delete, vita shell and adrenaline ............... then install the current version of vita shell from "Molecular Shell") (Continue from the tutorial, that is a page or two back) (for some reason I could not use vita shell or adrenaline that was auto installed, you may have the same problem) (always have molecular shell and vita shell installed to avoid problems, if vita shell crashes, your either out of luck, or, I forget, you have to hold a button at boot to reinstall some stuff or something) (if the option to refresh vita shell isn't there, to make molecular shell show up on your live area (vita desktop), just install the updated vita shell from vita shell or use the unofficial version, it will double install, then delete the vita shell that was installed along with adrenaline)

(After that you power off your vita, then put your sd2vita card formatted with zzblank.img from hdd2copy, into your vita and reboot, your new storage will show in the "Content Manager" ............. if vita shell isn't on your desktop, just go to henkaku.xyz/go/, and it will install molecular shell again, its been a while, since I used mlthaku, so scroll a page back, but ................... if that update to NONPDRM causes problems I may have to reformat the vita, since I modified some system files and installed mtl activator, if I decide to do anything with it)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free