Gaming Miyamoto on Smosh

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Miyamoto really? So he's saying that the Wii U won't get a new F-Zero because none of the controllers have analogue triggers?

It's not like it even matters since F-Zero is a futuristic racer rather than a simulator (*cough* Project C.A.R.S *cough*) and yet this is possibly the reason the Wii U's not receiving it? Ugh, come on. Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Miyamoto really? So he's saying that the Wii U won't get a new F-Zero because none of the controllers have analogue triggers?

It's not like it even matters since F-Zero is a futuristic racer rather than a simulator (*cough* Project C.A.R.S *cough*) and yet this is possibly the reason the Wii U's not receiving it? Ugh, come on. Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

Bill Trinen translated what Miyamoto said as the game requiring a proper "controller interface", whatever that means. Later on one of the Smosh guys says something to the tune that he's excited for F-Zero once Nintendo works out how it'll work with the Wii U GamePad. To that, I don't think either Miyamoto or Trinen made any comment. So it's still up in the air what they really mean. If someone knows Japanese and can catch what Miyamoto says, perhaps a second translation could offer a bit more insight than how Trinen worded it in the video.

Either way it seems the language has shifted from "not happening" to "we're considering it". As a side note, Miyamoto did say during the video that he worked on F-Zero before working on Mario Kart originally and that there are lots of realistic racing games coming out, but Nintendo is focused on bringing similar, but fun games. So I guess F-Zero is not fun enough for Miyamoto to seriously consider it at this time?

If you're an F-Zero fan (I know I am) then it strongly looks like F-Zero GX will be the last we'll ever see from Nintendo regarding that franchise. I seriously wonder why Nintendo didn't let Shin'en make a new F-Zero considering they're getting FAST Racing Neo done soon-ish.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's probably hard for Nintendo to top F-Zero GX considering it was such a treat but if they released a remastered HD version of it with online play that would satisfy the fans.

Miyamoto being part of Nintendo can't complain that the controllers don't have analogue triggers because they had time and they still can release a new one like "Wii U Pro Controller Plus" with analogue triggers, but they won't.

This non-existent controller would be even better than the current Wii U Pro Controller:

tumblr_mqh54oQ5fN1svd4e4o1_1280.png

Plus I think with the mic it could easily play as if it were a GamePad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night