Mirror's Edge Catalyst delayed, once more

rendition1.img.jpg

For the second time this year the much-anticipated open-world action-adventure platform video game gets a delayed release date. The first rescheduling of the release was pushed from February 23rd to May 24th and today we've got an updated release date.

Design Director Erik Odeldahl posted an update about Mirror's Edge Catalyst stating that the game's release has been delayed to June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU). Here's the full message:

Hello everyone,

As you know, we’re about to open the gates to the city of Glass for participants of the Closed Beta. One of the key features of the Beta and the full game is Social Play, detailed in our latest developer diary.

Taking on Dashes designed by DICE, creating your own Time Trials, climbing the Leaderboards, and connecting with your Runner friends are some of the Social Play features we’re really excited about – and something we want to play flawlessly.

To support the Social Play features, we are using a brand new online technology. We also want to make sure we have the opportunity and time to address player feedback from the Closed Beta. That is why we will give ourselves a bit more time to perfect the game, with a new release date for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst of June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU). We’re confident that these extra two weeks will make sure the game is as amazing as possible for you the players.

Thank you all for your continued support and excitement for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. The return of Faith is imminent.

Erik Odeldahl, Design Director

:arrow: SOURCE

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What EA delaying a game?
Just imagine how unfinished it must be right now,
Let's be reallisty:
]its EA, unfinished games are they moto

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope I got into the closed beta, but with my luck I probably didn't make the cut.
I firmly believe it's better to not play the beta. Betas are often a great way to kill a games hype. Personally, I'd much rather just wait till the game is out and play it then. :)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Big fan of the original and was playing the beta last night and not sure if I'm actually a fan of the open world aspect. I liked the originals fast pace and direct paths, made speed running and replaying it now and again not a chore. Plus the IQ and frame rate on PS4 are a bit patchy :unsure:

Reactions: Prans

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Big fan of the original and was playing the beta last night and not sure if I'm actually a fan of the open world aspect. I liked the originals fast pace and direct paths, made speed running and replaying it now and again not a chore. Plus the IQ and frame rate on PS4 are a bit patchy :unsure:
Lucky you being able to try the beta! I keep thinking the open-world approach for ME would make for an interesting VR experience...

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I firmly believe it's better to not play the beta. Betas are often a great way to kill a games hype. Personally, I'd much rather just wait till the game is out and play it then. :)
Blizzard's beta are the best beta game you can ever dream...
Even in closed Beta, the game is very nearly finished. the beta is almost only for balance things.
Anyone ever tryed Blizzard's beta game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it