Hacking Mini SD Super Card and old Game Boy roms

Erick M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I recently purchased the mini supercard from Amazon (this one to be exact).

I read reviews stating it worked with gb roms (Game Boy). Today I loaded it up with a few gb roms but when I launch them I just get a blank screen. So here are the details:

Firmware version is 1.85
Software version is 2.71
All tests pass (L+R during boot) except for 'not find test file'.
Tested on GBA SP & First gen GBA.

Game Boy roms tested so far include:
1. Tetris
2. Link's Awakening
3. Pokemon - Red Version
4. Homebrew I made which runs fine on BGB Emulator and others. (Main reason I purchased this card was to test this out..)

I'm using a 2GB micro SD (non-HC) card.

To see if anything would launch, I loaded up the Minish Cap (GBA rom) and that works fine.

So does this mean I'm out of luck when it comes to GB games? : (

Thanks

Last edited by Erick M,

Erick M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so instead of adding my gb roms to the supercard software I just dragged/dropped them directly into the micro sd card.... and they work! Interesting. So if I add the gb roms first through the software the output files never work.

Before I tested the above (which I should have done a lot sooner), I tested converting .gb files to .gba files using goomba frontend. I then added those .gba files through the supercard software and that worked also.

So if anyone has trouble getting .gb roms to run, try to just drag them directly into the sd card and see if it helps :)

Snazzy_Cazzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link to get the software on the supercard website is broken, so I was wondering if there was anyway I could obtain that software. I've spent hours searching for another link, but I have been unsuccessful. Maybe somebody could upload it to dropbox and share it with me? I just bought the supercard and I'm gonna be pretty bummed if I can't use it because supercard's website isn't running.

DeShelly

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
Here. The file you're looking for is called "setupsdV242en.rar".
im now a little out of topic and ty anyway.. but how i should format my sd to fat16 ? lol because its little wtf here supercard reads only sd with fat16, i have a 500mb sd .. via commands somehow? i search it via google for a little but its little hard to understand the stuffs via commands..

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you could make sure you're using the latest firmware? (1.85, the file called 'sd_v185' from the link I gave you to the supercard index.) And using the latest patcher (2.71) instead of an older one (the 2.42 one you asked for) might help too...

Hopefully that helps. If you've tried all of that and the problems persist you might have a faulty card and might want to look into getting a replacement. Someone else might also have a solution I'm not thinking of.

Last edited by thaddius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: