Hardware Mini NES USB plugged into Wii U ?

MattPiscopo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm gonna pick up a Mini NES soon and was wondering if the USB ports on the back (and front) of the Wii U were powerful enough to power the Mini NES if I plug the USB cable in it.

Thanks !

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i know this is late but you could just plug the NES Mini to the USB Port on the back of your TV, im sure modern TVs got USBs at the back or sides.. it works for me no issues at all..i got it plugged next to the HDMI..

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i know this is late but you could just plug the NES Mini to the USB Port on the back of your TV, im sure modern TVs got USBs at the back or sides.. it works for me no issues at all..i got it plugged next to the HDMI..
My TV's USB port is already taken my some USB-powered speakers. :P They sound infinitely better than the built-in speakers.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We've actually tried this in the last gaming session and yes: you can power the NES Mini with the Wii Us USB port. But the Wii U has to be on.

Reactions: MattPiscopo

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've actually tried this in the last gaming session and yes: you can power the NES Mini with the Wii Us USB port. But the Wii U has to be on.

That's cool, if you have an Xbox One, you could probably have everything self contained, plug the USB into the Xbone, and plug the HDMI into the HDMI-in on the Xbone,

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
My WiiU doesn't even want to power a 450mah HDD that seems to max out around 380mah from a single port, crazy that the NES mini would work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1