Gaming Minecraft

Roads1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but this is really annoying that I can't connect, and the conversation has been halted and the thread buried.

Oh wait, it's a sticky. :P

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but this is really annoying that I can't connect, and the conversation has been halted and the thread buried.

Oh wait, it's a sticky. :P
at work, out of ideas, but take a look at the end of this thread - http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/cant-connect-to-localhost.69321/

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC version has a vast amount of features that the Xbox/Pocket editions do not have, not to mention infinite maps (technically, they are limited, but limited to the point of ±30,000,000 blocks from 0, each way)

You can run a pirated copy, but I don't know how they work in regards to updates, and good luck getting onto any servers that aren't cracked.

D

Deleted-236924

If you plan on playing Minecraft a lot, then just go on and buy the game, support the devs.
You'll have the added bonus of being able to enter servers that aren't cracked, as mentioned above.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan on playing Minecraft a lot, then just go on and buy the game, support the devs.
[...]

It's honestly one of few games where I'll explicitly say "Buy it" rather than just "Get it". As far as PC gaming goes, I've gone pretty much all the way legit now - I don't really pirate PC games anymore; indie game bundles (Humble Bundle, Indie Royale, Indie Gala, etc), Steam sales, and I get my employee discount at work. But Minecraft is one of the few games where I'd go out of my way to buy the game again, if I needed to.

Roads1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the Windows Firewall, but I now have it turned off.

Say, anyone know when 1.3'll come out? :D

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I played the demo of this game for the 360 and enjoyed it so I feel that I must ask. Is the PC version better/funner? Can I run a pirated copy just fine? Thanks.
The 360 version is way behind the PC version (as it appears they needed to remake it, not just port it).

The 360 appears to be caught up to the PC version Beta 1.6.6, so start from 1.6.6 beta on this page and read up...
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Beta
Then check all of this page.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

And that's all the stuff the 360 version appears to be missing. As well, 360 and PC will likely never be able to play online with each other, and the PC version has an incredibly extensive mod community (and a lot of mods out there add and change a ton of stuff you can't do with the 360 version). PC > 360 (by far) for this game.

You can run a pirated version and play updates just fine (as the minecraft install/update procedure is extremely simple), but you will not be able to log into any servers that have "online mode" set to true. Seeing as this mode stops people from faking their IDs on servers, pretty much every server has this mode set to true (it's default anyways).

What other security software? Antivirus programs and such often include a firewall.

Say, anyone know when 1.3'll come out? :D
The devs haven't posted a date, so nobody knows it. The most we have is "2 or 3 weeks or so".

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm debating whether or not getting this, as I really don't know if this game is worth $27.... Do you guys play on the gbatemp server? Will I enjoy this game on the PC? I'm so undecided...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hit or miss. I despise this game, it's absolutely boring and tasteless but people want to build mario and brag about it.

I paid $20 during beta, 2nd worst purchase I've ever made (1st being Red Orchestra 2)

The game sucks if you have no imagination or friends.

...just sayin'.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What other security software? Antivirus programs and such often include a firewall.
Oh yeah, I have McAfee.
Google for some tutorials on adding software to the firewall exception list so it stops blocking the server. Adding the minecraft_server.exe file should be good enough, but you may need to add java itself as an exception depending on how anal McAfee decides to be.

Roads1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find anything at all that applies. And the McAfee Console's own help file contradicts it. It tells me to select an option in the Action Menu that's not there...?

Remembering the router advice, I figured I'd disable the McAfee firewall altogether. The thing is, there's no option for it. Once again, the help file is contradictory to what's there! :angry:

EDIT: On a hunch, I temporarily disabled the Antivirus protection, since that's the closest thing to a firewall I can find. It did zip and I still can't connect with localhost or 127.0.0.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: