ROM Hack Minecraft new 3ds edition

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why does everyone get so edgy when someone brings up Minecraft? Its like the moment the game is mentioned, everyone in the area automatically gets angry. I'm not a big fan of the game either, but god damn guys....

@jimmyj - From what I've read, the 3DS version is missing quite a bit of the game. For example there is no end map. Are mods possible? Probably. I don't see a large community making them, though. With many other, more superior, portable MC versions out there, it would honestly surprise me if many people put much effort into modding the 3DS release.
maybe there will be something that will let it perform faster

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, you all needed to chill up there.

@jimmyj most of this could've been avoided if you wrote something more in the first post. "mods?" isn't really descriptive, try writing at least a sentence. "Do you think there will be mods for this version?" and no one would've think you were shitposting.
also "srsly" doesn't sound that serious either. "No, I'm asking seriously" would've been... more clear.

Alright. Have fun.
Ok sorry but I really was serious

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok sorry but I really was serious
It's not that he's not taking you seriously, he's giving you advice so the rest of us take you seriously.
Simply stating, "Mods?" as the main message in the thread isn't much to work off of. Are you asking for mods? Are you asking if mods have already been made? A user can't get a read on this thread with such a simple post.
You end up in situations like this, where you have users mocking you, a staff member trying to help with a suggestion, then me coming in to reaffirm the staff suggestion. To which the thread simply goes nowhere from there.

Now that I did read the thread, the answer is "maybe." Tools still need to be made, we need to know more about the game itself before anything can happen to it.

Reactions: jimmyj

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Texture mods? Absolutely.

Mods like portal gun/furniture/etc? Most likely not, it would require a framework (like Forge on Java Edition) and I doubt anyone's gonna make one for 3DS because it's such a bad & lacking port compared to other console editions.

Reactions: The Catboy

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Texture mods? Absolutely.
https://twitter.com/smb123w64gb/status/908431184455131136

Mods like portal gun/furniture/etc? Most likely not, it would require a framework (like Forge on Java Edition) and I doubt anyone's gonna make one for 3DS because it's such a bad & lacking port compared to other console editions.
yeah texture packs are cool. I really am not expecting real mods i mean like texture mods or some way to make it lag less

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been heavily research about Minecraft New 3DS Edition and upon what smb123w64gb said to me on Discord, the file names are literally the same as PC Minecraft. Soo I assume that editing JSON will be the basis of doing mods for n3ds(even though I prefer having mods on PC than home consoles and handhelds).
Also, if you want to make texture packs, dump and extract Minecraft New 3DS and then follow this step:
https://mobile.twitter.com/smb123w64gb/status/908452594720292865

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've been heavily research about Minecraft New 3DS Edition and upon what smb123w64gb said to me on Discord, the file names are literally the same as PC Minecraft. Soo I assume that editing JSON will be the basis of doing mods for n3ds(even though I prefer having mods on PC than home consoles and handhelds).
Also, if you want to make texture packs, dump and extract Minecraft New 3DS and then follow this step:
https://mobile.twitter.com/smb123w64gb/status/908452594720292865

Editing the json won't do anything, you'd need a way to convert it to bjson as thats what the game loads. Also I think the json files came directly for MCpe then the Devs altered it elsewhere, 'compiled' it into bjson and moved the bjson into romfs as there is floats in the json that are different in the bjson and vice versa. So someone will need to figure out the file format for bjson so we can craft our own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended