• Start date
  • Views 7,534
  • Replies 49
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Minecraftlogo.gif

I just updated the client and the server to Minecraft Beta 1.0

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Time to download it! Not many new features though! I wonder what the "something else" is!

D

Deleted_171835

OP
purechaos996 said:
Wow, Notch just tweeted this like 2min ago. You people are crazy fast!!!
I'm trained in the art of posting.
---
minecraft%20beta.PNG
Time to look for the "something else"!
---
There are descriptions for items that you hover over.
The meat is called Pork Chops, now.
---
PIG ZOMBIES!
[TITLE:Proof]
pigzombie.PNG
Edit: I was wrong. That was there since the Nether update.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been slowly getting back into MC after a long while off. In fact, played yesterday (or saturday?) for the first time in months. Now that Beta is out, i'm excited to see the next steps!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame my GPU went for a shit the other day. The latest version of my integrated graphics driver is so obsolete it won't even load Minecraft. I just get some kind of OpenGL error. Rats cocks.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Depravo: Is it an intel integrated card?

Wife®'s dell workstation has that. And i get the Java/OpenGL error. I've tried finding fixes, only to find out NOONE with this onboard card can get it to work.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WildWon said:
@Depravo: Is it an intel integrated card?

Wife®'s dell workstation has that. And i get the Java/OpenGL error. I've tried finding fixes, only to find out NOONE with this onboard card can get it to work.
Any recent GPU will be able to run it. Even I am able to, but I've got an integrated 4200 Radeon from AMD/ATI. An 8500 GT works fine too, you just need a GPU/IGP with proper OpenGL support.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@WildWon: Yep, it's an 'Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family' whatever that may be. The drivers were dated 2004 (when I got the computer) so I updated to the latest which were dated 2006. I don't suppose it matters - Minecraft would probably melt it anyway.

It's about time I got an entirely new computer as this one is six years old and not worth upgrading. I just need to find a job first...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
woot, just bought my account yesterday just in time for beta today
happy.gif

Wow. Way to go. You've also successfully locked yourself into get all future updates for free.
Beta purchases will get all beta updates for free, but not the game when it's out.

All alpha purchases up to Beta release are good to go with MC indefinitely (notch mentioned all this on his blog).

Berthenk said:
Any recent GPU will be able to run it. Even I am able to, but I've got an integrated 4200 Radeon from AMD/ATI. An 8500 GT works fine too, you just need a GPU/IGP with proper OpenGL support.
That's the problem though. There's a specific glitch w/ intel integrated graphics. As you have a Radeon, you're still in the clear. Since that's not Intel
tongue.gif

Also, Wife®'s work station is a slim tower that connects to her monitor via a large clip on the back... so it's painfully small for changing anything, and i'd need a new, slimline(?) AGP card (i think), due to it's lack of a PCIe slot. Stupid old computers not keeping up with today's standards... *grumble grumble*

QUOTE(Depravo @ Dec 20 2010, 02:20 PM)
@WildWon: Yep, it's an 'Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family' whatever that may be. The drivers were dated 2004 (when I got the computer) so I updated to the latest which were dated 2006. I don't suppose it matters - Minecraft would probably melt it anyway.

It's about time I got an entirely new computer as this one is six years old and not worth upgrading. I just need to find a job first...
Yup, that's the one!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waited till almost last min to buy it

it plays fairly decent on my 4100 in my laptop
4870 has no problems in my desktop

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WildWon said:
Joe88 said:
woot, just bought my account yesterday just in time for beta today
happy.gif
Wow. Way to go. You've also successfully locked yourself into get all future updates for free.
Beta purchases will get all beta updates for free, but not the game when it's out.

All alpha purchases up to Beta release are good to go with MC indefinitely (notch mentioned all this on his blog).
People who buy the beta do get the full game when it's released. It says here.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they miss out on all expansion packs released thereafter however
they will still receive bug fix/updates

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of shit seemed to be broken, before Beta 1.0_0.1 you couldn't move things to two rows of your inventory from a large chest, and apparently a lot of Mac users are unable to play the game.
On top of that people are complaining of high resource consumption.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Client 1.0_01 is up, fixing a double chest issue and a rare crash on load level bug.

There’s a serious problem getting the client started for some people (especially Mac OSX?). I’ve also heard about weird item duplication bugs with dropped items, and a severe performance reduction.

It’s 7:40 PM here, but I will work on these bugs tomorrow.

I’m also hoping to be able to squeeze in some fun for xmas.. Perhaps a new mob?[/p]
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2390438980/mi...gfixes-tomorrow

New mobs for XMAS, perhaps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse