Homebrew Mine DS

R4TheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am new to GBATEMP forums so please bare with me. I love your work. I really want to get it. I have a r4 card that is all set up and it is (fat) version, and I don't know how to install it correctly. I am using the recommended version. When I open the Game it has an error. Can someone tell me how to properly install this game on a r4 card (fat) ? Thanks for your time. Hope you can help.

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am new to GBATEMP forums so please bare with me. I love your work. I really want to get it. I have a r4 card that is all set up and it is (fat) version, and I don't know how to install it correctly. I am using the recommended version. When I open the Game it has an error. Can someone tell me how to properly install this game on a r4 card (fat) ? Thanks for your time. Hope you can help.
So, first let me know if you've tried running it using this method (executing using an alternate launcher):
1. Download Aura Launcher (or hbmenu)
2. Extract the zip and copy the "Aura-Launcher.nds" file to the SD card.
3. Launch "Aura Launcher" on your R4i.
5. Select Mine DS Emulator version and click 'A' to launch it.

Also, make sure you extract the contents of the Mine DS download directly into the SD card. Lastly, the make sure the name of the folders are the correct case for instance, it should be "data/Mine-DS", not something like "Data/mine-ds".

Let me know what happens or if my directions need clarification. I hope it works :D.

Last edited by Wolfgange,

R4TheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The launcher is working fine (Btw great work I love it) but the emulator version still doesn't work. The game opens and says Guru Abort on a red screen. I have a FAT32 r4 card

Maybe I could send a video later.... so it would better help the issue

Maybe I could send a video later.... so it would better help the issue
Here's a video can you help me better now?

Last edited by R4TheBest,

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a video can you help me better now?
Where's the video? Also, I just realized that for some reason I have it set up where you copy "Mine-DS-FAT.nds" to the sd card, and then also the contents of "sdcard" into there. So actually, don't simply extract the ZIP into the sdcard. Instead, copy the executable and the data folder.

Finally, if it still doesn't work without the launcher, you can manually DLDI patching the file for your r4 by using this software with this file on the Mine DS nds file.

R4TheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops it seems I can't upload. Also. It still didn't work. I'll try the DLDI patch software later (probably tomorrow) Also here's a photo of the error when attempting to open MineDS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: Wolfgange

Epitoaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I had no clue this was still being worked on
I've had v1.3 since it came out I never knew it was getting updates still
AWESOME

Also, where are the creepers? ;)

Last edited by Epitoaster,

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok could you (Wolfgange) send me the source code. Maybe i could join your team. I might work on the mod implementation for this (because im also doing that for DSCraft)

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UGH I KEEP GETTING A RED SCREEN
All I can say is, make sure to place the .nds directly into the SD card (not in a folder) and also put the contents of "sdcard" directly onto the SD card. And if even then both versions don't work, you can try using Aura Launcher combined with the "Emulator Version".

Megariver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i play PortCraft?
Also, i have a minor issue with Mine DS 4.1, sometimes it will let me save a world but sometimes it just freezes up before it finishes.
Just wondering if anyone could tell me the answer to one or both of these minor questions of mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm