Hacking Mind bringing me up to speed (Pokemon wise)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,363
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
I know there has been new firmware for gateway carts released, but here is some stuff I'd like to be caught up with:

1) I know powersaves in no way can modify saves other than what it gives you right? no tools have been created to screw with it?

2) Can I modify my pokemon in X/Y using a flashcart or any tool out there at the moment to play online competitively using only ONE 3ds (make the poke, skills, iv, ev)

3) If I can finally somehow gen pokemon, what 3ds console should I buy, what flashcart, tools, how to make sure it's x firmware, etc.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-(Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor)

Now what hardware should I buy and proceed so I can use that tool?

Thanks!

edit2: removed one link because I realized it's only for the DS

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) SciresM and I found a way to inject our own content, and Datel patched it after we revealed our method. There are no tools to allow you to have custom Powersaves - Datel won't let you.

2) No flashcarts have custom-RAM modifying capability.

3) Invalid Question.

PPSE is for the DS era, not 3DS

PKHeX only works if you are capable in resigning your savefile and decrypting everything in the first place. Nintendo stepped up their game and cheating is much harder compared to the DS era.

D

Deleted User

OP
1) SciresM and I found a way to inject our own content, and Datel patched it after we revealed our method.

2) No flashcarts have custom-RAM modifying capability.

3) Invalid Question.

PPSE is for the DS era, not 3DS

PKHeX only works if you are capable in resigning your savefile and decrypting everything in the first place. Nintendo stepped up their game and cheating is much harder compared to the DS era.

If i were to purchase a 3ds, do i need it to be of a certain firmware and how can I make sure it's that firmware. I just want to play pokemon online in serebii chat and "hack" legit pokemon

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i were to purchase a 3ds, do i need it to be of a certain firmware and how can I make sure it's that firmware. I just want to play pokemon online in serebii chat and "hack" legit pokemon

For one, yes, your 3DS needs to be a firmware below 4.5. There's a thread titled something along the lines of how to find these consoles, it's in the 3DS hacking and homebrew forum. Start reading through that.

D

Deleted User

OP
For one, yes, your 3DS needs to be a firmware below 4.5. There's a thread titled something along the lines of how to find these consoles, it's in the 3DS hacking and homebrew forum. Start reading through that.

Well my questions have been answered. Thanks guys. I'll refrain from buying a 3ds at the moment and any peripherals/games. Just patiently wait for stable gen6 editing to be available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.