Homebrew Miles Edgeworth 2 on a tablet

Mythrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought it was kind of amusing to play this game on a Windows 8(.1) tablet because it can actually be played fully with the touchscreen without using the buttons. Only function that is not available without using a button is saving (Start button), but I've been using emulator savestates anyways.

The tablet is not quite powerful enough for emulation though, I had to set max frameskip, and it still lags a bit during the 3D evidence examination. But for a non-action game it works well enough!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Are you using Desmume? Or are you using some new emulator that works well on touchscreens? Desmume doesn't like my touchscreen, in order to touch something, I have to tap in the same place twice or swipe to get it to input once.

Mythrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh! I do kind of remember some posts about that in the game thread, but I thought it was mainly an issue with flashcards. I had no trouble getting to case 2 on the emulator, in any case.

Yeah, I used DeSmuME, and yeah, there is an issue with having to double-tap or swipe in order to tap in the game. I got used to swiping slightly to tap buttons in the game and it works quite well besides that, so it was not a big issue in this game. I can imagine it might give a lot more trouble in many other games though.

The main reason I thought it was interesting is actually because of how well the dual screen layout works with the rotated view on a widescreen tablet. But I guess I'm not the first one to discover that... Maybe I'm just easily amused. :P

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love playing Black 2 on my Note 2! It has nearly no lag, and the sound is great, most of the time I play using the touchscreen, but a Wii controller works fine too. Really love how far emulation has grown for mobile devices.

Reactions: Mythrix

Mythrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love playing Black 2 on my Note 2! It has nearly no lag, and the sound is great, most of the time I play using the touchscreen, but a Wii controller works fine too. Really love how far emulation has grown for mobile devices.

Awesome! :)
I guess I could also try to connect a controller to my tablet, but using the touch screen was kind of a main point of using the tablet in the first place...

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome! :)
I guess I could also try to connect a controller to my tablet, but using the touch screen was kind of a main point of using the tablet in the first place...
I have a Acer Iconia A500 with a media docking station for it with a remote sitting next to my pc. This is also a nice way to play using a bluetooth controller. There so much that we can do nowadays with tablets and such.

Mythrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Acer Iconia A500 with a media docking station for it with a remote sitting next to my pc. This is also a nice way to play using a bluetooth controller. There so much that we can do nowadays with tablets and such.

Cool, mine is actually an Acer Iconia too, W511 with keyboard dock. :)

I guess I could've tried out more gaming things with it too. But between my stationary gaming rig, 3DS, Xbox 360 and now Wii U I honestly don't have much need to do gaming on the tablet. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse