Misc Miiverse trolls

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I've started reporting everyone who posts "Yeah if X". Not only is it against the rules, it's extremely annoying. At first I didn't bother, but it's getting to be a huge problem and I feel it needs to be stopped before Miiverse becomes Youtube.

Or Facebook. :tpi: Or most other social networks/blogging services out there.

Reactions: _acid_

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or Facebook. :tpi: Or most other social networks/blogging services out there.

Sounds right. Social media attracts attention whores.

But Miiverse, can you really call it social media? It's a game discussion board, essentially. Minus the threads.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sounds right. Social media attracts attention whores.

But Miiverse, can you really call it social media? It's a game discussion board, essentially. Minus the threads.

We do have an attention whore on GBATemp earlier. And GBATemp is hardly a social media.

RunicLady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the opposite- things NOT getting pulled a lot. Especially some drawings/comments in the Art Academy Community.

My guess is that the mods/admins don't delete it if they agree or like the content XD

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I've seen the opposite- things NOT getting pulled a lot. Especially some drawings/comments in the Art Academy Community.

My guess is that the mods/admins don't delete it if they agree or like the content XD

Nintendo DO have a not-so-great working environment anyway.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't outright troll people on there? Bummer. I'll really look forward to accessing it myself since you won't get turds like the ones on Xbox Live; Nintendo won't allow it. Now there's a difference between Nintendo and Microsoft; they care about what their users post, meaning they care about their users. Sound analogy?
Its ridiculous, it's making me not even want to go on Miiverse, since I obviously can't say ANYTHING without it being considered offensive...

Hey, watch what you say; this post offends me. ;p

Even something as harmless as a threat on someone's life will get you in trouble. :(
You mean like HellsMalice's signature? Yeah, perfectly harmless.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should have just reported his post. He most likely reported everyone who posted on his post and because the system is automated everyone was banned. I believe there is an option to argue against the ban and a person actually looks into them.

RunicLady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have just reported his post. He most likely reported everyone who posted on his post and because the system is automated everyone was banned. I believe there is an option to argue against the ban and a person actually looks into them.

Really? They are automated?

I'm not sure what to think about that.

I remember in the early days, Nintendo was saying that every single post would have to be approved by a moderator before they could be displayed.

I'm not sure if doing a 180 and automating everything is better or....not.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really? They are automated?

I'm not sure what to think about that.

I remember in the early days, Nintendo was saying that every single post would have to be approved by a moderator before they could be displayed.

I'm not sure if doing a 180 and automating everything is better or....not.

I am pretty sure it's automated, it seems like it would be extremely expensive to have that many people actually there just to moderate posts on mii-verse. It's pretty much Twitter on the Wii U, people are posting all the time every second of the day.

RunicLady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure it's automated, it seems like it would be extremely expensive to have that many people actually there just to moderate posts on mii-verse. It's pretty much Twitter on the Wii U, people are posting all the time every second of the day.

Well no I didn't mean that RIGHT NOW it wasn't automated, I just meant that in the early days when I read about Miiverse they were talking about having all moderators for all posts. I think they originally said something like 'three layers' of protection- automatic word filters, moderators to moderate messages, and player-controlled report buttons.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna see a little kid say this on miiverse and get his ass banned

omfg i'm the haxxor i'm going haxxerz yu netzworkz like i did to sonýs in 2011 TORLRLRRLRRLR:ORRORLRIRRLRIO!!!

ok i'm done.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well no I didn't mean that RIGHT NOW it wasn't automated, I just meant that in the early days when I read about Miiverse they were talking about having all moderators for all posts. I think they originally said something like 'three layers' of protection- automatic word filters, moderators to moderate messages, and player-controlled report buttons.

They most likely planned it out that way, but I remember it was automated when I first bought my system and I got it at launch. You can challenge the report though and a person does moderate it from there (as far as I know)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Obviously I am too old. What is this?
People say things like "Yeah if you love this game" or something very common so that lots of people will click the "Yeah" button. It's the equivalent of a "Like" button on here or a thumbs up on Youtube. It makes them feel popular I guess, but it's extremely annoying.

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say things like "Yeah if you love this game" or something very common so that lots of people will click the "Yeah" button. It's the equivalent of a "Like" button on here or a thumbs up on Youtube. It makes them feel popular I guess, but it's extremely annoying.

I see. So kind of the same as "like if you..." on Facebook?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Tamales exist. +1