Hacking Mii Plaza Paid Titles Question

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi @ all,

just some quick questions about Mii Plaza Paid Titles.
I saw, that you can install them via CIA File.

But i remember on my non gateway 3ds i had to go into mii plaza and do an update.

So basically: How am i going to update Mii Plaza on emunand ?

Can i (on Emunand) enter Mii Plaza and just do the update there ?

Or do i have to find the update for Mii Plaza as cia, too ?

And i guess only after i updated Mii Plaza it is safe to install the paid titles cia right ?

Thanks for your answers

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ all,

just some quick questions about Mii Plaza Paid Titles.
I saw, that you can install them via CIA File.

But i remember on my non gateway 3ds i had to go into mii plaza and do an update.

So basically: How am i going to update Mii Plaza on emunand ?

Can i (on Emunand) enter Mii Plaza and just do the update there ?

Or do i have to find the update for Mii Plaza as cia, too ?

And i guess only after i updated Mii Plaza it is safe to install the paid titles cia right ?

Thanks for your answers

I installed the CIA and all the titles work - And are a lot more fun than the crap they give you out of the gate. As for updates, I would assume they do need to be installed via CIA going forward, but I'm not even sure if the MiiPlaza needs updated to still use StreetPass tags and such. I haven't had to update it after it's big rehaul a few months ago - or maybe even a year ago at this point.

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes basically, thats my question ;)
I just got me a spare 3ds xl only for gateway, as i don´t want to use our regular 3ds xl´s for gateway with our regular NNID´s, just to be safe in case of possible future banning from Big N.
On our regular 3ds xl´s we had to update mii plaza, iirc you had to go into mii plaza, then the update showed up, after that we purchased the paid titles and then shortly after there was another update to mii plaza i think.

So i just want to know if it is safe on my gateway 3ds, when i am on emunand, and open mii plaza and start the update ? I just do not want to update something accidently on sysnand to loose gateway compatibility...
So if there is anyone out there who has gone through this could tell me their experience or how to do it safely, i would be very thankfull

EDIT: As of now, sysnand is on 6.X, but will be updated soon via smash bros to 8.X, i will update emunand to 9.4, and seperate sysnand and emunand. Just got my gateway today, didn´t start to set everything up yet ;)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a new console for just GW, I would not worry about messing up sysNAND. If anything happens just format it and remake your emunand, then restore emunand from backup. miiPlaza updates aren't sysNAND firmware updates. Just don't go to eShop on sysNAND or system update and you're golden.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After months of not having Streetpass i loaded it up on emunand and updated with no issue, even get to use update on sysnand (don't have a GW yet)

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks guys, i will try it later, as i have other things to finish first. As soon as i have set things up, i will report back here, so if anyone else new to this is searching for same question this will have this thread as answer.
So hopefully no new thread will be created... It could be late evening though until i have the time to prepare everything

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, i will try it later, as i have other things to finish first. As soon as i have set things up, i will report back here, so if anyone else new to this is searching for same question this will have this thread as answer.
So hopefully no new thread will be created... It could be late evening though until i have the time to prepare everything

If it's on gbatemp, then 20 thousand threads already exist for one topic.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes basically, thats my question ;)
I just got me a spare 3ds xl only for gateway, as i don´t want to use our regular 3ds xl´s for gateway with our regular NNID´s, just to be safe in case of possible future banning from Big N.
On our regular 3ds xl´s we had to update mii plaza, iirc you had to go into mii plaza, then the update showed up, after that we purchased the paid titles and then shortly after there was another update to mii plaza i think.

So i just want to know if it is safe on my gateway 3ds, when i am on emunand, and open mii plaza and start the update ? I just do not want to update something accidently on sysnand to loose gateway compatibility...
So if there is anyone out there who has gone through this could tell me their experience or how to do it safely, i would be very thankfull

EDIT: As of now, sysnand is on 6.X, but will be updated soon via smash bros to 8.X, i will update emunand to 9.4, and seperate sysnand and emunand. Just got my gateway today, didn´t start to set everything up yet ;)

i'm using the mii plaza cia games with no problem, i even use homepass on it.
and yes the games are far better than the free ones

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally through with setting everything up and seperating nands and backing up sysnand etc etc
I can confirm, that i was able to update mii plaza on emunand without problems, and installing the cia for the paid titles.
I went to data management on sysnand, and on emunand nothing was deleted ;)
Gateway is woring like a charm...

Just one wuick question though (don´t wanted to open a new thread) :

I want to back up all of my retail cards, i know i do this in the Gateway Menu.
Can i backup up all my games one after another, or do i have to transfer the backed up to my micro sd via pc after every single game ?
I would like to back them all up, and then make a backup on my pc, and then transfer to microsd...so backing up a single game and everytime to pull out sd card for transfering only for one game at a time would be very annoying...

Thanks again in advance

EDIT: Next Project -> Gold Pants for my Mii ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one