Migrating cracked game to Steam

pokemoner2500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I plan to buy GTA V from Steam and I have the cracked version as of now, when I do buy I don't want to have to redownload EVERYTHING so I was wondering if it was possible to move the cracked game over to steam when I buy it. Currently it is in this directory.

C:\Games\Grand Theft Auto V

(If your going to complain about me pirating a game please do not comment unless you wish to help thx.)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So I plan to buy GTA V from Steam and I have the cracked version as of now, when I do buy I don't want to have to redownload EVERYTHING so I was wondering if it was possible to move the cracked game over to steam when I buy it. Currently it is in this directory.

C:\Games\Grand Theft Auto V

(If your going to complain about me pirating a game please do not comment unless you wish to help thx.)

Move the Grand Theft Auto V folder into \SteamApps\common\

Delete cracked 3DM files, and GTA V.exe/any root .exe
files
they are small. The big stuff is the content packs.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
savegames will work as if. (usually they are saved on documents folder or something like that.
as for the game itself.
start the download of gta iv. and then pause it.
shutdown the steam client (check on task manager if its still open. close all steam processes)
copy the contents of the installed game into the steam folders (usually C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps )
you will probably find a folder grand theft auto v in there
then open client. go on the game properties and verify integrity. you will only need to download some replaced files (like the .exe)

edit, was ninjad. but i made it more complete, you will want to shutdown client, or he will try to fuck up xD and yes, delete all crack files (or extra files) and verify integrity under steam game properties

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savegames will work as if. (usually they are saved on documents folder or something like that.
as for the game itself.
shutdown the steam client (check on task manager if its still open. close all steam processes)
copy the contents of the installed game into the steam folders (usually C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps )
then open client. go on the game properties and verify integrity. you will only need to download some replaced files (like the .exe)

edit, was ninjad. but i made it more complete, you will want to shutdown client, or he will try to fuck up xD and yes, delete all crack files (or extra files) and verify integrity under steam game properties

Depending upon the team who did the crack, the save could be in various locations, including AppData, My Documents, and Saved Games, so chances are the game save won't work without having it be moved.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

pokemoner2500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Move the Grand Theft Auto V folder into \SteamApps\common\

Delete cracked 3DM files, and GTA V.exe/any root .exe
files
they are small. The big stuff is the content packs.

Alright, do you know which exact files are 3DM or just all the exe?

as for the game itself.

Ok

Depending upon the team who did the crack, the save could be in various locations, including AppData, My Documents, and Saved Games, so chances are the game save won't work without having it be moved.

The save file I have is a public 100% so I know where it goes, it was in
C:\Users\Name of User\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\random digits.

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
as for the game itself.

OK so i did all of this and when i go on gta iv properties on steam> local files it says: Disk usage: none and when i try to verify integrity of game same thing: disk usage none. Please help. Should i make a new thread about this??

Last edited by reimiux,

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
OK so i did all of this and when i go on gta iv properties on steam> local files it says: Disk usage: none and when i try to verify integrity of game same thing: disk usage none. Please help.
this is the process:

start the download process in the steam client (select the game, start download)
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOWNLOAD, close the steam client totally.
find the steam game instalation (usually C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps )
REPLACE THE FILES FROM THE CRACK VERSION INTO THE STEAM VERSION
restart steam and let the download complete\verify, in the end press verify integrety of game files....

the reason it says "disk usage, none" very likely you didn't start the download OF THE GAME in the steam client.. you need to start the download process and then replace the files while the steam is shutted down

PS: like endo said, delete teh files related to the crack, like the 3dm game files

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: reimiux

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
this is the process:

start the download process in the steam client (select the game, start download)
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOWNLOAD, close the steam client totally.
find the steam game instalation (usually C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps )
REPLACE THE FILES FROM THE CRACK VERSION INTO THE STEAM VERSION
restart steam and let the download complete\verify, in the end press verify integrety of game files....

the reason it says "disk usage, none" very likely you didn't start the download OF THE GAME in the steam client.. you need to start the download process and then replace the files while the steam is shutted down

PS: like endo said, delete teh files related to the crack, like the 3dm game files

So, i did this again but same doesnt work.. it just downloads the game (13gb). Thanks for your time anyway :). So i will have to redownloadit once again..

Last edited by reimiux,

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So, i did this again but same doesnt work.. it just downloads the game (13gb). Thanks for your time anyway :). But i will have to redownloadit once again..
i just had to install a game and it appears steam now downloads the stuff into the "downloading" folder in steamapps.
you might want to paste the pirated game into this downloading folder, keep in mind, inside that folder, the games are listed through numbers and not the game name
the easiest way to check which is the gta, is go into the steam store page of gta, and look a the url..

you have to replace the contents

Reactions: reimiux

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
i just had to install a game and it appears steam now downloads the stuff into the "downloading" folder in steamapps.
you might want to paste the pirated game into this downloading folder, keep in mind, inside that folder, the games are listed through numbers and not the game name
the easiest way to check which is the gta, is go into the steam store page of gta, and look a the url..

you have to replace the contents

Same thing maybe now its impossible, maybe steam only recognizes games backups? Thanks for your help anyways man.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@reimiux
it appears i was giving wrong information... (my method is outdated, worked before the temp\downlaoding folders stuff)

i did this method with another game and it works wonderfully:
unninstall gta in the steam games list.
copy the "cracked" version into the steamapps\common folder (in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common)
click to install the game, the window to install will appear, make sure the directory is correct (in my case is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam)
the steam client will start a process of discovering the files. if you putted it in the right place with right names, it will do it's job and find the games.

the cracked files will be marked as "corrupted" and the steam client will re-downloading theese "missing files"

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
@reimiux
it appears i was giving wrong information... (my method is outdated, worked before the temp\downlaoding folders stuff)

i did this method with another game and it works wonderfully:
unninstall gta in the steam games list.
copy the "cracked" version into the steamapps\common folder (in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common)
click to install the game, the window to install will appear, make sure the directory is correct (in my case is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam)
the steam client will start a process of discovering the files. if you putted it in the right place with right names, it will do it's job and find the games.

the cracked files will be marked as "corrupted" and the steam client will re-downloading theese "missing files"

I tried this yesterday because i thinked that it will work but it didnt. I tried with name: Grand Theft Auto IV. I know its the right name because then i start to download it the steam creates folder with exact name. Why isnt this working? Maybe the files are different in the pirated game?? I can record my screen if u want while i do all the stuff.

Last edited by reimiux,

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tried this yesterday because i thinked that it will work but it didnt. I tried with name: Grand Theft Auto IV. I know its the right name because then i start to download it the steam creates folder with exact name. Why isnt this working? I can record my screen if u want while i do all the stuff.
because you very likely doing something wrong...
when you install a game, steam verifies if you got any of the files so you don0t have to download them again...

btw,
i am confused, it's grand theft auto V or IV ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.