Mighty No. 9 release slips to 2016

cung-xem-gameplay-moi-nhat-cua-mighty-no-9-1781138.jpg.400.400.jpg

It has been announced on the official forums (only viewable to backers) that Mighty No. 9 will not make its scheduled September release date and will now release in Q1 2016.

We have an important announcement to share with our backers.

Although we understand that everyone was looking forward to playing Mighty No. 9
as soon as possible, a release delay is going to be announced for the game at Gamescom 2015, which is
currently being held in Cologne, Germany.

This is a project that would not have existed without the support of our backers,
so we at least wanted to deliver this news to our backers before it is officially announced.

We are unable to confirm a final release date at this time, however we will be aiming for a release in Q1 2016.
Once a solid release date is set, we will announce it immediately to our backers and fans.

Of course, it is important to explain why exactly the game is being delayed.
As we have communicated in the updates to our backers, all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state.
However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game. These bugs and issues
have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release.

Currently, comcept and their partners are working at full capacity to resolve these issues
and fix any remaining bugs.

In addition, we have received quite a few requests for additional information
regarding the various platforms that are part of the platform survey we have sent out.

We have also only managed to receive around half of the total responses needed
for the survey.
Considering the fact that the game’s release has been delayed, we are planning to
open another platform survey once a final release date has been settled upon.

We will continue to deliver the most up-to-date info to our backers and fans
through our forum updates, so please keep an eye out!

We appreciate your support and patience regarding this matter, and look
forward to delivering Mighty No. 9 to our backers and fans in the best state possible

:arrow: Source - official backer-only forum

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm not. Honestly, this was expected with all the controversy surrounding this game and Keiji Inafune of late.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
> Delays it to 2016
> Makes another Kickstarter about some Ash game

What the fuck is going on? It's a side-scroller platform so why delay it as if it's some really big AAA game.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh...
I can't be more disappointed anyway, so whatever.
Every email I get from them regarding the project is BS, they lost me long ago.
I suppose I will play it whenever they release, but I am not even following it anymore.

m_jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
this game is way too identical to megaman without any characteristics in my opinion...
so better they can do a remake from the ground, which is less likely to happen though...

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flat out stopped caring about this game, among others from Kickstarter. Granted, I never backed MN9, but I was still initially excited to see Megaman revived.

And then came the "surprise it looks nothing like the concept art".
And then came the "tight budget so you don't get the Kirby gimmick".
And then came the "give us more money for DLC despite already having 4 million".
And then came the delays.
And more delays.

I'm probably just a bitter person, but this single event has made me begin to hate Kickstarters that are solely fueled by "Look I'm some old guy that was related to that old game you liked! Give me money so that I can make a cheap knockoff!". I'd sooner support a Kickstarter that gave Capcom money to make a real Megaman.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Read the article, the game is done, all they're working on now is bug fixes.
It's still a while till September so they could polish out the bugs bit by bit than delaying the game to 2016.

I had the game on pre-order for the Wii U version but cancelled because I didn't like its gameplay, the character's design and its soundtrack (too bland and uninteresting).

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delays always suck, but I'd rather developers actually try to fix known bugs before release rather than just releasing it anyway, as seems to be the usual these days.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Delays it to 2016
> Makes another Kickstarter about some Ash game

What the fuck is going on? It's a side-scroller platform so why delay it as if it's some really big AAA game.

Are now just realizing it's a gigantic scam? They announced MN9, hyped everyone about it, then sold everyone on stupid "side products" to get more money.

Inafune is a gigantic hack and you shouldn't by anything he slaps his name on nowadays.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's better it's having bugs worked out than releasing by a specific point. If it fails, i'd rather it fails being the best it can be, rather than a "Ahh, if only for the bugs".

I'll play it, enjoy it, then forget about it. I'm more excited about the redash that fell through. To be honest, it feels like that's what Inafune really wanted to build in the first place, and might no. 9 was a launching point to work out the kinks and get some experience.

You also got to keep in mind that being the head of a company is a far different job than his last job. I expect a lot of the problems comes from Inafune's inexperience with the responsibilities he has now. Course, I don't know much about Inafune's responsibilities when he was with capcom, but I'd imagine they were quite different than the ones he has now.

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen this somewhere:
"$3.8 million is not enough? They already got 427% more than their target strech goal. This second crowdfunding is a sign of greediness. Hideki Kamiya was right. Keiji Inafune is a businessman, not a creator."

That explains everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...