Middle-earth: Shadow of War Reveals First Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Mar 8, 2017.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment revealed the first gameplay footage of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to the critically acclaimed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

This Gameplay Walkthrough introduces viewers to the next generation of the innovative Nemesis System with the addition of Nemesis Fortresses, where players must utilise different strategies to conquer dynamic strongholds and forge their personalised Orc army. In this video, Talion and Celebrimbor, who return as the Bright Lord, must lead a fortress assault on the mountain valley of Seregost and take it from one of Sauron's Overlords. To succeed, they will use the power of the New Ring to recruit Followers during enemy encounters—a new mechanic allowing gamers to establish entirely new stories of loyalty, betrayal and revenge. This Gameplay Walkthrough is just one of the millions of possibilities that players will experience in Middle-earth: Shadow of War.

Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of War is an open-world action RPG that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Players will be engrossed in a richer, more personal and expansive world full of epic heroes and villains, iconic locations, original enemy types, more personalities and a new cast of characters with untold stories.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be available for Xbox One, Project Scorpio, Windows 10 PC (Windows Store and Steam), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro beginning 25 August, 2017.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  2. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Hey, link wants his slow mo bow back.

gnmmarechal and kehkou like this.
  3. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Shadow of Mordor already had the slow mo bow so really the Bright Lord is taking it back

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The dynamic system seems really well done.
    it interacts nicely with the player's action.

At the beginning I thought it was a strategic game, but it's still action based.
    I wonder if it won't be too repetitive (take all stronghold one by one, repeat).

azoreseuropa likes this.
  5. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    The jump too?

6. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States

It does sound like fun but like you said hopefully it doesn't become to repetitive. Still need to play the first one though is it any good?

7. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    it will be repetitive from that perspective i think... but the unique stories etc make it quite crazily good and worth it from that perspective.

8. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    No but that would be the only thing stolen. So does anyone know if the game is still open world or do you just take down fortresses the whole time with one slice slo mo kill scenes for every enemy?

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I bought the first one, but didn't have time to play it yet.
    it's on my list, maybe this year.

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I thought it was a strategic game too but it is not. It is a sequel to Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor. Dragon ??!! Hmm.. My favourite myth creature is dragon. I must get it. :)

11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    I really liked the gameplay. This is definitely going under my radar.

12. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    Raccoon City
    I wasn't a big fan of the first game; I know it was highly rated, but I just never really got into it. This trailer is enough to convince me that I need to give this one a shot. August can't come quick enough!