Microsoft: Taking back what's theirs!

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how many of you use OneDrive? You know the GoogleDrive clone from Microsoft. Well if you do prepare to be disappointed. They recently changed their free storage from 15gb down to 5gb. You heard me right 15 to 5. There is in fact now a petition to change it back. Where you guys disappointed when you heard the news? Do you want it go back to normal? Let me know down below!

Microsoft-OneDrive-logo-large.png

Last edited by BurningDesire,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I don't even touch my OneDrive. I've been using GDrive for enough time that I already have everything set up with it. I doubt I'll use OneDrive unless I need more cloud storage, and with this change I find it highly unlikely I'll even bother in the future :P

Reactions: BurningDesire

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ihaveahax

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was always 5GB? It's been 5GB as long as I have used it- and I have used it since September.
I am not to sure as I my self have never really fully tested it out I have always been a Gdrive fan. However from the rage of the fans I can certainly say there was a option for 15gb

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid for office and use my onedrive quite often and like it very much. Very convinient for its sync across my Laptop, Desktop and Xbox One~ I still get 1tb of storage because im not a free using baby so Im all good

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So do I tbh they are more reliable

Nah, not really.
They can corrupt and make data irretrievable.

Only upside is, you always got your data with you and don't need an active Internet connection.
Plus, it's easier when you're over metered connections, it takes no bandwith.
And nobody (providing you don't leave it out in the open or leave it in computers etc) can touch your shit.
Not to mention that cloud services can charge you for storage out of the blue, even to get your data back (tho it's unlikely they would but, worst case scenario..)

Yeh, I'll just stick with offline backups.
Atleast I'm in control of everything and if something goes wrong, It's me own to blame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.