Hardware Microsoft Surface RT tablet?

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking about getting a Surface rt tablet with a Nvidia Tegra 3 1.4Ghz Quad Core, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 64GB Storage it's the ARM version not the intel atom.
now i know i cant install every app on it but it can be"jailbroken" to run app not from microsofts app store,as long as they are made for ARM.

So i was wondering if its worth getting one for $200 or not?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
My father actually bought one a week or so ago, and he says it's great for word processing and some on-the-go browsing, but otherwise it doesn't get much use.

So if all you want it for is some web browsing and typing up notes or something, then I would say yeah. Anything else, though? Meh, might as well get a laptop or an Android tablet.

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My father actually bought one a week or so ago, and he says it's great for word processing and some on-the-go browsing, but otherwise it doesn't get much use.
So if all you want it for is some web browsing and typing up notes or something, then I would say yeah. Anything else, though? Meh, might as well get a laptop or an Android tablet.

i would be mostly using it for web browsing, youtube, watching anime, read manga, maybe a little gaming on it(emulators or facebook game for my sister).
dont want to get a laptop because i have a desktop and would not need it. i have a android tablet(a 3 or 4 year old ainol tornados) that takes forever to load if i have alot of files on it, it also dies at 40% even after calibrating the battery

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about getting a Surface rt tablet with a Nvidia Tegra 3 1.4Ghz Quad Core, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 64GB Storage it's the ARM version not the intel atom.
now i know i cant install every app on it but it can be"jailbroken" to run app not from microsofts app store,as long as they are made for ARM.

So i was wondering if its worth getting one for $200 or not?

honestly I would go with a tablet with full windows. I have the dell venue pro 8, its pretty nice. It does most of the stuff I want and can play A lot of games. Just dont expect to run skyrim at 60 fps

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-Pro-Tablet-Windows/dp/B00FEE7B1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409544489&sr=8-1&keywords=dell venue pro 8

that link above has the 32gb model for $230. Its really best to get the 64gb version or at least buy a big microsd card to use with it. One thing I should caution you that on this tablet is that charging is done through the microusb (like most smart phone/tablets), since there only 1 port, you cannot charge and use devices at same time. I would get a blue tooth mouse/keyboard (unless your just gonna use touchscreen), that way you can use keyboard and mouse while charging

here a toshiba one with the same price of the RT

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Encor...B00G1YKHHA/ref=psdc3_t1_B00FEE7B1I_B00G1YKHHA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse