microsoft project 2007

anover51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of project files on my pc. But some days ago one of the files was crashed-Project cannot recognize this file format. I tried to open my document in last version of MS Project, but error was the same. I'd like to restore project, any help.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've searched around, and found that Project 2007 Service Pack 1 is NOTORIOUS for corrupting projects when saving them. Your project is probably gone for good if you don't have the latest Service Pack installed. You'll need to start from scratch, and make sure you update to Service Pack 3 or newer. If you already have it, then it probably saved the file inproperly (corrupted it) even so, and you'll need to contact Microsoft Support about the issue, and provide the corrupted Project to them as well.

Edit: also, try this:

Go to File --> Options --> Trust Center --> click on Trust Center Settings --> Select the option "Allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats" and try opening the file.

Last edited by Maq47,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

foleyed84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may apply method below or as a variant next software https://www.restoretools.com/projectrestore.html Project Restore Toolbox

Other solutions are to recover from backup. Open on another machine with Project or repair the User Profile. It may be corrupt. If you can log in with another username to the PC and try to open the file. Good luck,

OR:

1] Go t File --> Options --> Trust Center --> click on Trust Center Settings --> Select the option "Allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats" and try opening the file.
2] Open a blank project and try inserting the problematic file and try opening it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4