Microsoft is discontinuing production of the Xbox 360

Xbox360_Console_controller_RHS_34_rgb_Launch2013-No-Kinect.png
After the console has had more than a 10 year run, Microsoft will now be stopping production of the Xbox 360. Microsoft has said that Xbox Live servers will still remain online for the time being, so that players can still access all the features of the console. The Xbox 360 has sold over 80 million units to date.

Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft. And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles. We will continue to sell existing inventory of Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country.
:arrow: Source

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shit, so that's it, the last generation is officially over with, I don't imagine it being long now before Sony follow suit

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hasnt been any decent releases in a while for either ps3 or xbox360, now is the time to complete the collections!

gonna need about 8 TBs on the 360 with an xkey, not sure about ps3 but i'm guessing its around the same. eventually ill get there :)

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Indeed signifying the end of an era. A great one at that! (Frequency illusion: just today I saw someone's ad selling an Xbox 360 for dirt cheap. It's that time again! Reminds me about the time I was rushing to buy PS1 games when the PS2 was at its prime...)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
At least we still have Xlink Kai and XBC to play online. :)

To bad that for retail 360's MS has implemented a ping patch so Xlink Kai etc are pretty much out of the question.
Luckily, FSD has LiNK and hacked consoles can access Xlink without a hitch.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's inevitable.
The vast majority upgraded to the One and a handful is playing on the 360.
It be way to costly to keep the Live servers running for just those few people that occasionally play a game.

It'll be a few years before Live for 360 has been shut down but in the end, it will happen.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, Microsoft will use this as a reason to add more games to the Xbox One's 360 Emulator or to at least improve on it (15-20FPS on Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is not an acceptable framerate for games, especially this one)
one can be wishful though....

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, Microsoft will use this as a reason to add more games to the Xbox One's 360 Emulator or to at least improve on it (15-20FPS on Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is not an acceptable framerate for games, especially this one)
one can be wishful though....
Didn't they fix Nuts & Bolts?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here's to my elite that's been going on strong. And the white one of the same era I rescued. Hopefully this will mean a JTAG for the last dashboard release? :P

Will never happen.
With the RGH, dashboard versions don't matter anymore.
The console is exploitable and can't be patched so why search for a new hack?

Good riddance, terrible console and terrible gaming company

If you have nothing better to say then don't reply.
This is just trolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning