Microsoft forcing people to use Windows 10.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of us have already updated to Windows 10. Nice OS it really is. Now if you are a user of Windows 7/8/8.1 apparently you can get an update notification telling you to update. By clicking the X button it accepts the update. The only way to decline the update is to end the process. It seems like Microsoft is also using different methods to get you on Windows 10. I believe its for spying purposes. Below are a couple of videos showing how to prevent spying and force upgrades.
BTW THIS IS THIOJOETECH NOT THIOJOE SO ITS NOT FAKE...

Prevent force Windows 10 upgrade...

Stop Windows 10 from "spying" on you...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
heh, used windows 7, seen the update to windows 10 advertising in start bar, however, X didn't install windows 10
i manually choose to install windows 10

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 10 is awesome, unless you're working with $5,000 machinery that will never get updated drivers there's really no reason not to upgrade.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This thread reeks of tinfoil. It's been proven for over a year now that 10 is in no way personally spying on you (at least no more than your web browser does). Also, the reason for the forced update, especially on 7, is because support for anything below 10 is being dropped very soon, and they don't want the same thing happening that happened with XP. If you choose not to upgrade, then you're opening yourself up to actual spying. Oh, and by the way, 7 and 8 got all of 10's "spying" features backported to them, so to be so paranoid about 10 is just irrational. If you still don't want to believe me about any of this, then move to a UNIX.

Reactions: VinsCool

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is Microsoft isn't forcing you to do anything. You'e welcome to switch to Mac OS X or Chrome OS or even linux. But I suppose all your apps are in Windows. The thing is, Microsoft has a LOT of customers, and is rapidly becoming nothing more than a portal to your files and the internet. For better or worse, Microsoft needs to be able to support all of those users and make sure that their systems work - as most users are not smart enough to do so themselves, or think they are but then bung up horribly. For Microsoft to do their job, they have to minimize issues that may come up and resolve them as quickly as possible. That requires them to hopefully have all customers on a single OS to reduce the amount of code they need to support, and to have some sort of means of obtaining useful debugging information. The latter is the "spying" people are oh so concerned about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.