Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zStzfF1.jpg

Battletoads is a storied franchise from the early days of gaming. The original game is still remembered for its notorious difficulty.

However, the franchise has been dormant for decades at this point despite calls from fans for a revival. Many had given up hope of ever seeing these toads of battle vanquish their foes once again. However, it seems that such despair might have been a bit premature...

Microsoft has evidently filed a trademark on the Battletoads franchise. The application is public and can be seen below. Microsoft has owned Rare, the original Battletoads developer, for some time now. Considering their revival of Killer Instinct, another long-dormant Rare franchise, this move makes a lot of sense.

There's no word yet on what exactly Microsoft intends to do with the franchise or when the game will see the light of day (if it does at all).
:arrow:USPTO

While you wait desperately for more news and information, feel free to leave a call at the Gold & Silver Pawn Show in Las Vegas. I'm sure they'd be happy to fulfill any Battletoads related request.

Reactions: Huntereb

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battletoads Kinect, confirmed*. If you thought the speeder bikes were hard before, just wait until you have to pantomime it by squatting and jumping!

*or not

Reactions: Huntereb

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: chavosaur

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Make the first level a super long speed bike level! Damn I hated that as a kid on NES. Oh, and making it 100% impossible to beat the game with 2 players was great too :).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone completely ignore the beat-em-up that existed in arcades? oh, right... same reason I used to; didn't even know it existed until the likes of MAME.

Still, I'd rather see the Battletoads Arcade game get revived than ANYTHING resembling the NES game, please.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for the fallout against Gamestop when they start hanging up on legitimate preorder requests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM