wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

got a strange problem with my SanDisk microSD. It is a genuine Sandisk Ultra 64GB, formatted to FAT32 with 32K Cluster Size. I bought it in December.

At first everything went smooth but then it got really slow, like taking over an hour to dump NAND - which took 10 minutes at the beginning. I then backed up contents and Emunand, and reformatted it. Afterwards it worked better but now it is like that, that it begins to slow down after it has written around 600-700MB. So, say I install a Game of 2GB, it works normally fast until it reaches 700MB and then it gets really, really slow, like 1MB in 10 seconds, so that installing that 2GB game takes up to 2 hours where it only took like 25 or 30 minutes at first.

What can it be? Is there anything maintenance-wise I could do? Defrag the card? Format again? Deep Level Format? Something like that? Any help is appreciated!

Otherwise I'll probably just report it as defective, return it and get a new one / different brand. Recommendations here?

Last edited by wurstpistole,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Via free shop I found out that it slows down to exactly 20kb/s after around 900 to 1000mb. I'll try reformatting once again and if its still that bad, I'll return the card and get a SanDisk extreme or maybe a different brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.