Hardware Microphone too quiet

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 9,370
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Hey guys, when I play Nintendogs + Cats (and, when I go to the mic sensitivity option), the microphone is FAR too quiet. A loud and firm speaking voice will yield no volume bars.
I literally have to talk into the bottom of the 3DS.
Is there any option to raise the sensitivity?

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Kajdan said:
Are the headphone ports still the same? (headphone hole+blockything)
If so you can try on of those DS headsets.
Nope, the 3DS has a single headphone hole, no option for headsets.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm having this problem too

I need to speak reaaally close to the bottom of the 3DS, thus moving my head and losing 3D it's annoying...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Puppy_Washer said:
Hey guys, when I play Nintendogs (and, when I go to the mic sensitivity option), the microphone is FAR too quiet. A loud and firm speaking voice will yield no volume bars.
Quoteth Nintendo's website troubleshooting:
Microphone Not Responding as Expected

Situation:

The system microphone isn't registering voices or sounds

Important Note! Due to the fact that the Nintendo 3DS system's microphone is different from the Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi system's microphone, some older games may respond differently to voice or sound.

What to do:

Make sure there isn't a headset or external microphone plugged into the system's headphone port.

Try the following to improve the microphone's response:

Hold the system at a different angle
Reduce background noise
Blow across the microphone instead of directly into it

Perform a Mic Test (How to)

If the microphone works during the test, check the software manual to make sure the game or application being played supports the microphone feature.

Still Not Resolved:

If the microphone still isn't responding properly, the system will need to be repaired. To start the repair process, click here.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Hey guys, when I play Nintendogs (and, when I go to the mic sensitivity option), the microphone is FAR too quiet. A loud and firm speaking voice will yield no volume bars.
Quoteth Nintendo's website troubleshooting:
Microphone Not Responding as Expected

Situation:

The system microphone isn't registering voices or sounds

Important Note! Due to the fact that the Nintendo 3DS system's microphone is different from the Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi system's microphone, some older games may respond differently to voice or sound.

What to do:

Make sure there isn't a headset or external microphone plugged into the system's headphone port.

Try the following to improve the microphone's response:

Hold the system at a different angle
Reduce background noise
Blow across the microphone instead of directly into it

Perform a Mic Test (How to)

If the microphone works during the test, check the software manual to make sure the game or application being played supports the microphone feature.

Still Not Resolved:

If the microphone still isn't responding properly, the system will need to be repaired. To start the repair process, click here.
+1... point the mic at you and blow/talk iinto it at the bottom right

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Sorry, I meant Nintendogs + Cats, which is a very new game obviously.
So, everybody has this issue?
I mean, considering Nintendogs + Cats is a 3D enabled game, you shouldn't need to break out of the sweet spot, then talk into the bottom of the 3DS.

If this affects everybody too, then I guess it's normal...just kind of crappy though.

I sent an e-mail to Nintendo regardless.

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I read somewhere that the mic is very sensitive in the back of the 3DS too. Maybe because of 3D video recording? It wouldn't make any sensei to record someone speaking with a microphone facing you >_>

D

Deleted-188346

OP
CherrySkitty said:
I think I read somewhere that the mic is very sensitive in the back of the 3DS too. Maybe because of 3D video recording? It wouldn't make any sensei to record someone speaking with a microphone facing you >_>
Then they should have made a 2nd microphone on the back. It doesn't make sense to speak to your dog with the microphone facing the opposite way either.
In any case, the microphone appears to be pointing downwards, actually.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
It could be your aussie accent?
Lol'd

It just doesn't recognize any voice.

I sort of have this issue, then I realized my hands were kind of over the mic.. didn't realize it was there near the bottom like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all