Hardware Micro SD Extension / Micro SD to Regular SD - Gateway card ?

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xSD-Micro_to_SD_Card_Adapter_main_product.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SUdLtoRgBG.jpg
I'm thinking of buying this a Micro SD to Regular SD larger cards at higher capacity per GB works out cheaper would something like this work? Just fold it over the back, as I use a 2DS it would just be a case of some velcro or other adhesive on the underside of the ribbon cable. For example here 128gb micro sd costs £70 but a full SD card costs £25 here so after the cable to it's still much cheaper option, as an added bonus I wouldn't need to keep touching the gateway card to add anything to it. This I believe would mean less wear and tear on the micro sd card slot in the gateway.

Another option would be a micro sd to micro sd card extension that is also connected with a ribbon cable, would hot swapping a micro sd be possible? So once the 2DS is on and the card is loaded into the menu, would I be able to switch out the micro sd card while its in the home screen of the 2DS in gateway mode?

Might be great for multi card users.

looks like this

81EhSZ6UUdL._SX425_.jpg

Either of these seem like great additions for anyone with a Gateway card who removes the micro sd on a regular basis.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's worth the hassle, and I doubt you'd need any more than 64GB anyhow. You wouldn't need to remove the SD card on a regular basis if you already have over 20 some games on it now, would you?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
xSD-Micro_to_SD_Card_Adapter_main_product.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SUdLtoRgBG.jpg
I'm thinking of buying this a Micro SD to Regular SD larger cards at higher capacity per GB works out cheaper would something like this work? Just fold it over the back, as I use a 2DS it would just be a case of some velcro or other adhesive on the underside of the ribbon cable. For example here 128gb micro sd costs £70 but a full SD card costs £25 here so after the cable to it's still much cheaper option, as an added bonus I wouldn't need to keep touching the gateway card to add anything to it. This I believe would mean less wear and tear on the micro sd card slot in the gateway.

Another option would be a micro sd to micro sd card extension that is also connected with a ribbon cable, would hot swapping a micro sd be possible? So once the 2DS is on and the card is loaded into the menu, would I be able to switch out the micro sd card while its in the home screen of the 2DS in gateway mode?

Might be great for multi card users.

looks like this

81EhSZ6UUdL._SX425_.jpg

Either of these seem like great additions for anyone with a Gateway card who removes the micro sd on a regular basis.
The cable on the second one is very long btw although you could probably shorten it and solder it back on but shorter, but by default it's like 30cm long.....but it does work fine with GW, hot swapping works fine too, also the second one wouldn't work for a n3ds as the broad part would prevent it from sliding into the mSD gap on the n3ds, the first one would probably work fine though, but still it would mean having the back cover off the console

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm some thing like this is nice though if you have a microsd card reader only available to you for the whole eMMC backup thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: