Homebrew mGBA official standalone Wii port

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Lastest nightly or stable (0.4.0) version? I've tried in 0.4.0 version and doesn't work
Nightly. Development seems to be on hiatus, or maybe she's just enjoying the holidays, but i enabled the option in the March 06 build. No more mixed sav/zip for me =D
so does this run better plus better compat then vba GX?
You seem to have been away for a while, but i can tell you: it runs perfect and at full FPS, it's a great swan song for the Wii homebrew development.

Reactions: Raylight

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nightly. Development seems to be on hiatus, or maybe she's just enjoying the holidays, but i enabled the option in the March 06 build. No more mixed sav/zip for me =D

You seem to have been away for a while, but i can tell you: it runs perfect and at full FPS, it's a great swan song for the Wii homebrew development.
Swansong for a Raven.

I find it cool though that GB and GBC are now booting.
Only nudges I have right now are Full screen support and GB coloured mode, that's it. :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I'm a little late for asking these questions, been busy with work related stuff in the past couple of weeks...

So how do I get the GBC bios to work? I installed them like on PC but they don't seem to work, is it not implemented yet? I got the GBA bios working though.

One more question, what about games that support motion controls (WarioWare Twisted, Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, Yoshi Topsy Turvy, ...etc) are there any plans to get them to work with the wiimote like in VBA-GX?

I'm really impressed by this emulator, it even runs that pirated Sonic game, I've NEVER had any emulator that can run that game except for BGB so this is pretty cool, of course running this game on TV is ear rape and not the good kind but still impressive, I wonder if the PC version runs it too, I haven't been keeping up with updates for a couple of years now.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was in the mood to play some Kirby's Dreamland 2 earlier today and I just noticed SGB colors aren't implemented in this software, it's supported by VBA GX so I was wondering if it's planned in a future update, perhaps GBC bios too for nostalgia purposes?

Also are there any plans to make the software remember your last folder or sign one as the default folder? I have plenty of apps and sub-folders in my SD and every time I have to scroll all the way to the mGBA folder, thanks!

P.S. I'm loving the stable smooth framerate, never did GBA games look better on TV!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was in the mood to play some Kirby's Dreamland 2 earlier today and I just noticed SGB colors aren't implemented in this software, it's supported by VBA GX so I was wondering if it's planned in a future update, perhaps GBC bios too for nostalgia purposes?

Also are there any plans to make the software remember your last folder or sign one as the default folder? I have plenty of apps and sub-folders in my SD and every time I have to scroll all the way to the mGBA folder, thanks!

P.S. I'm loving the stable smooth framerate, never did GBA games look better on TV!
You're better of going to the official website.
www.mgba.io

Go to the forums and ask in the General section of the forum.
endrift doesn't come here often.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, mGBA is primarily a Game Boy Advance emulator, and a great one at that. Game Boy and Color emulation is a nice bonus but wasn't intended from the beginning, and only recently implemented, by the way. SGB colors won't be there since much work has to be done for the gb-gbc side of things to be fully working.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Remember, mGBA is primarily a Game Boy Advance emulator, and a great one at that. Game Boy and Color emulation is a nice bonus but wasn't intended from the beginning, and only recently implemented, by the way. SGB colors won't be there since much work has to be done for the gb-gbc side of things to be fully working.
Funny you should say that as this is the first GBA emulator that actually got that pirated GB Sonic game working, up until this one I could only get it to work on BGB, a GBC emulator on PC, granted it's not a good game but the idea that this emulator is cabable to run more GBC games than any other GBA emulator out there makes me feel uneasy about it not having SGB support.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny you should say that as this is the first GBA emulator that actually got that pirated GB Sonic game working, up until this one I could only get it to work on BGB, a GBC emulator on PC, granted it's not a good game but the idea that this emulator is cabable to run more GBC games than any other GBA emulator out there makes me feel uneasy about it not having SGB support.
Do not worry, i am sure it will happen in time, even if the main focus is Game Boy Advance.

Reactions: sonictopfan

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do not worry, i am sure it will happen in time, even if the main focus is Game Boy Advance.
Also, endrift is a one-woman army in mGBA's development for the moment, afaik.

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an argument to use in the meta.xml which will enable 240p? I tried using "--scan-mode=non-interlaced" as an argument in the latest nightly and the emGBA fork, both to no avail.

If I can get mGBA to run in 240p, I'll never need to use VBAGX again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...