mGBA gets an Android port via Libretro

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because of the OS itself, actually. Google introduced a new Bluetooth stack in Jellybean which broke compatibility with Wii controllers. I think there was a commit made a while back that fixed it in some newer Lollipop/Marshmallow versions though.

Well, yeah, that's the reason I have a rooted device, with 4.4.4 and 4.1.2, since 4.2 broke it. My Wii remote works with all other emulators, all are up to date and support it on legacy OSes, so there's no reason why they shouldn't take the time to support it on older OSes for RetroArch either, because now I have to get a new controller if I'm to play RA on 4.1.2, it's bullshit in my opinion, pardon my French. It's that very reason I refuse to use RA on anything but my Wii. I asked the devs about it, they treated me like garbage and called me out on it.

Yup, it's never worked on 2.3 or below for me. Anything 3.0 or up always worked fine.

4.2 and above break all Wii remote support, this is a known fact, the Wii remote app will not work on anything above 4.1. Why Google was stupid enough to break it and not fix it, I don't know.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, yeah, that's the reason I have a rooted device, with 4.4.4 and 4.1.2, since 4.2 broke it. My Wii remote works with all other emulators, all are up to date and support it on legacy OSes, so there's no reason why they shouldn't take the time to support it on older OSes for RetroArch either, because now I have to get a new controller if I'm to play RA on 4.1.2, it's bullshit in my opinion, pardon my French. It's that very reason I refuse to use RA on anything but my Wii. I asked the devs about it, they treated me like garbage and called me out on it.

4.2 and above break all Wii remote support, this is a known fact, the Wii remote app will not work on anything above 4.1. Why Google was stupid enough to break it and not fix it, I don't know.
I am running KitKat on all of my devices and it still doesn't work. They all are also rooted.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running KitKat on all of my devices and it still doesn't work. They all are also rooted.

On 4.1.x? Works fine for me, it's anything past 4.2 is what's going to break Wii remote support; my point still stands that the RA devs refuse to support the Classic Controller on RA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.