Gaming Metroid's "ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER ******" any info on that?

xXMortalKombatXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, can anyone explain me or provide a quick link to somewhere that explains what happens behind this pass, i thought i was the only one knowing it's existence until now.

Code:
ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER FUCKER

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Entering this password will cause Metroid to be directed back to the intro screen like the 333333 KKKKKK password. However, entering this password on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console version of Metroid will cause the 3DS to crash until the power is turned off or an SD card is removed.

:arrow: Source

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
There's nothing to be said really. IIRC correctly there are many different combinations of characters that will crash the game. It's not intentional, that specific phrase is not present in the game's code, it just seems like someone figured out a relevant, coherent phrase that triggers the crash.

xXMortalKombatXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It seems there isn't much info about this out there, better wait until there is more stuff documented on the 3DS, i wonder what kind of wonderful stuff happens when i hit dat ok button with the code wrote down.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It seems there isn't much info about this out there, better wait until there is more stuff documented on the 3DS, i wonder what kind of wonderful stuff happens when i hit dat ok button with the code wrote down.
The ROM built into the Virtual Console framework refers to a hardware hook which doesn't exist in the framework hence it freezes. Whether or not this is a vulnerability remains to be seen, but I think the whole thing is so sandboxed that it wouldn't give you any access. Besides, if you were to re-direct this somewhere, you'd need the capacity to edit the VC framework in the first place.

xXMortalKombatXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The ROM built into the Virtual Console framework refers to a hardware hook which doesn't exist in the framework hence it freezes. Whether or not this is a vulnerability remains to be seen, but I think the whole thing is so sandboxed that it wouldn't give you any access. Besides, if you were to re-direct this somewhere, you'd need the capacity to edit the VC framework in the first place.

Oh nice, thank you for the info

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow I never thought this would get brought up again since it got knocked down. Pretty funny it is still being pulled up like this even now. Goodness even googling it hurts xD ohh I'm happy it never lead to anything. I'd be in so much trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: