Metroid Samus Returns Leak?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by guki92, Aug 30, 2017.

1. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico

2. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
  3. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
  4. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    It does work, C-pad still controls as normal though so can no longer switch between abilities. And you are right, free aim is ruined with the D-pad. I'd like this setup and switching to the C-pad when free aiming and running around using the D-pad... And if you circled through abilities you could have put that on select since it seems to do the same as start... now though it is either impossible or I would imagine very difficult to fix. Was really cool for about 3 seconds until all the downsides made themselves obvious.

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  5. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Fair warning, spoilers ahead, but the game completely nulls one of your complaints in this post, you'll see. If you don't care about spoilers, look below.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

goldensun87 likes this.
  6. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    i have not compared it to the gb how has the layout of the levels changed

7. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I completed the first area. They changed a bit compared to the original. So far the game feels like a reimagination of Metroid 2.

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  8. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    Metroid Prime 4 for the Switch.

9. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Argh! Why am I stuck already?!

I just killed my first Metroid brain thingy, and I'm in the next section. There's some statue that doesn't seem to do anything, some block I can't get past, and some weird yellow panels on the wall that I can't wall jump on.

Can anyone help me please? :(

10. SoslanVanWieren

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    stuck on that to

11. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Heh, so you killed one Metroid all and all? Just look at a video walkthrough on youtube.

12. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2017
    United States

13. goldensun87

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    The statue shows you how many metroids you have to kill, in order to lower the purple acid. The "yellow panels" are slippery substances, which prevent wall jumping and spider ball crawling. Because the devs thought it would be a good idea to restrict the use of those abilities. I couldn't say which block you are stuck at, I just got the Space Jump, and everything in between is a fucking blur. Hint: This game does NOT give the Space Jump as early as AM2R does. Just use the Scan Pulse Aeion to highlight breakable blocks. I feel like some veterans would say that you do not actually need the Scan Pulse, but I found this game kind of disorienting, so I went ahead and used it.

14. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I'm just after that. I lowered the water. The statue is kinda Jesus-y looking.

15. goldensun87

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    If by "Metroid brain thingy" you mean the original Metroid form, the larva, then you are at the end of the game. After you kill all the larvas, you have to face the Queen.

16. SoslanVanWieren

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    im stuck in a certain part i can't jump high enough to get back its in a room with yellow stuff on the walls and and single enemy coming out of a hole

17. MisterJay

MisterJay Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2017
    it was
    It think it's already leaked. You can even find a pirated version of it online

18. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I'm totally at the beginning

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is exactly where I was stuck, but I figured it out. There's a spot a bit left of there where you can shoot out the floor.

19. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Prepare to get plenty more stuck :D this isnt a game to be speed ran . Unless of course you already know what to do exactly :)

20. goldensun87

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    I started playing about 24 hours ago, got the Space Jump about 4 hours ago from now. Yeah, games like this are like alcohol/caffeine to me, I go hard. Funny thing, I don't drink alcohol, and actual caffeine does not affect me.