Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Gods are at it again.

Source: Nintendo Everything

Someday Nintendo will make a 'Medium Mode' exclusive to an amiibo/DLC too.

well that's nice I'll wait for the dumps
RRE54J1.jpg
:P

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
The DLC from hell. I recall Iwata specifically mentioning that they wouldn't do this kinda shit. Now, not only do you have to pay for a "hard mode," you have to find it and probably pay some scalper $80 for it.
Useless. It's things like this coupled with shitty DLC practices for other titles like Fire Emblem Echoes that's gotten me to lose some of the trust I had in Nintendo.
Honestly, I also find myself thinking "this wouldn't have happened if Iwata were still around" somewhat often, both with regards to business practices and game fidelity. When BotW first released dipping to 20fps half the time, I thought "Iwata would've had this running at 60 before release." When the season pass DLC for Fire Emblem Echoes released at $45, $5 more than the actual game itself, I thought "Iwata would have never let this go through." I know it's reductive to put so much emphasis on the influence of a single man in a massive, black-box of a company, but I can't help but have the thought come up from time to time, even if subconsciously.

D

Deleted User

OP
The DLC from hell. I recall Iwata specifically mentioning that they wouldn't do this kinda shit. Now, not only do you have to pay for a "hard mode," you have to find it and probably pay some scalper $80 for it.
Useless. It's things like this coupled with shitty DLC practices for other titles like Fire Emblem Echoes that's gotten me to lose some of the trust I had in Nintendo.
Star Fox 0 has a similar feature. To unlock a fragile ship with great offenses you need a Falco Amiibo.

I really wish Nintendo would drop the Amiibo bullshit and just release complete games. Even without Amiibo they're the most expensive games on the market, their games don't drop in price, even years after their release.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The amiibo unlocked it early, but it was also available to be unlocked in-game.
Like, this I wouldn't mind, if everything was unlockable in-game in a reasonable time-frame and an amiibo just hurried that along. Cool, small little bonus for buying an amiibo. But they should never have been locking content THAT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME behind an amiibo paywall. What is this, Ubisoft?

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff like this makes me happy that I turned to the 4th generation of gaming and never looked back. At least there I get to play the full game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I also find myself thinking "this wouldn't have happened if Iwata were still around" somewhat often, both with regards to business practices and game fidelity. When BotW first released dipping to 20fps half the time, I thought "Iwata would've had this running at 60 before release." When the season pass DLC for Fire Emblem Echoes released at $45, $5 more than the actual game itself, I thought "Iwata would have never let this go through." I know it's reductive to put so much emphasis on the influence of a single man in a massive, black-box of a company, but I can't help but have the thought come up from time to time, even if subconsciously.
$45 Season Pass for a $40 game was the most bullshit thing I've ever seen. I would even consider it worse than Ubisoft or Activision's shitty season passes. Iwata's pre-Wii U Nintendo was much better imo than today's Nintendo. I just can't get on board with their recent business practices. I always liked that Nintendo was consumer-friendly and not major sell-outs like the other big players in the gaming industry. I mean, I'll still buy their stuff because I enjoy their games and consoles, but it saddens me to see these business practices coming from them.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?