JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the GamePad fall off from that? The only way of making it sure to have it secured would be if it had screws or glued, which are neither ideal.

Nevertheless, it looks like a really fun way to play shooters! :D
Look at the back of the gamepad. There is a place for you to screw something in. That's how one of Nyko's batteries was secured.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes i have tried it, i have a hacked wii you know so why wouldn't i try it. You comparing motion control gimmicks to a real GC controller is hilarious though Nintendo fucked up with the Wii so many games people will never play cuz of the stupid gimmick controls. I REALLY wanna play Galaxy but o well.

...was one of your family member beaten to death with a Wiimote or something? It's really not THAT awful. Yes, the waggling in Galaxy for the spin move is a gimmick, but it's nowhere near unplayable. It's just a mild inconvenience. And you could always play it on dolphin with a 360 controller with a button mapped to the waggling if you hate it that much.

D

Deleted User

Right, nobody played the most popular console of that generation. :rolleyes:

You clearly just suck at aiming if you think it's difficult.

Common now we both know nobody bought the wii to play the 20 great games on it. They bought it for the gimmick of motion control specifically i remember my grandma loved that shit. Also i didn't say the control method doesn't work properly i just would rather not have to point something at my screen or constantly move my arms around when playing. The GC controller worked just fine in 2002 and it works just fine now, also this version is not even in hd it's literally the same thing as the originals i just don't get it but all the power to whoever wants to spend money for this compilation.

D

Deleted User

...was one of your family member beaten to death with a Wiimote or something? It's really not THAT awful. Yes, the waggling in Galaxy for the spin move is a gimmick, but it's nowhere near unplayable. It's just a mild inconvenience. And you could always play it on dolphin with a 360 controller with a button mapped to the waggling if you hate it that much.

YES it is that awful, and your probably right the only way ill get to play Galaxy is through some kind of emulation. I really don't like emulating though so chances are low.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Common now we both know nobody bought the wii to play the 20 great games on it. They bought it for the gimmick of motion control specifically i remember my grandma loved that shit. Also i didn't say the control method doesn't work properly i just would rather not have to point something at my screen or constantly move my arms around when playing. The GC controller worked just fine in 2002 and it works just fine now, also this version is not even in hd it's literally the same thing as the originals i just don't get it but all the power to whoever wants to spend money for this compilation.
Actually, the textures are a higher resolution. Anyway, I realize now that you're just trolling. Or you're just an enormous uninformed moron. Either way, I'm done with you.
You mean those two holes? I guess that could work but it'd still be flimsy if nothing were to hold it for the middle/top.
There are four holes, and one place for a screw:
IMG_9429.jpg

D

Deleted User

Actually, the textures are a higher resolution. Anyway, I realize now that you're just trolling. Or you're just an enormous uninformed moron. Either way, I'm done with you.

Higher resolution? you mean 480p instead of 480i because its being played on a Wii through component cables? fantastic really worth it. Also how could i be a troll when i own a mass amount of Wii games, the console and almost every Nintendo product ever made? Seems like you don't like the truth apparently, and calling me a moron? cute.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That screw is used by a few accessories. There's a microphone stand being sold in Japan where you screw on the Wii U GamePad for use with Just Dance (seriously) and then there's a wheel attachment that actually makes the Wii U GamePad a steering wheel, which stays put when screwed in. Finally there's a stylus accessory that attaches with a screw to the Wii U GamePad so it'll never get misplaced and can be left dangling from the back for quick use when needed.

Whatever you think of these accessories you have to admit the Wii U GamePad accessory situation is...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

screwed up.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Higher resolution? you mean 480p instead of 480i because its being played on a Wii through component cables? fantastic really worth it. Also how could i be a troll when i own a mass amount of Wii games, the console and almost every Nintendo product ever made? Seems like you don't like the truth apparently, and calling me a moron? cute.
Texture resolution is not the same thing as the screen resolution.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In other news, Amazon UK is selling Metroid Other M for £4.85. Oh how far this game fell.

They'd have to pay me £4.85 to even consider it, though. In more serious terms I actually bought the game for £2 from a friend who paid full price for it at some point. Poor bastard. :D

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Am I the only one who wants a mixed POV Metroid game? Think Sonic Generations where new Sonic goes from third person to sidescrolling in the middle of the level. So, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime mixed. I know I sound stupid suggesting this, though I've been thinking about it for quite long and it'd be unique. Am I insane or could this work?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sure there's the top screws but going by the picture the accessory doesn't use the top ones which is what made me curious.

It's likely the final will have a system like this "microphone stand" I was talking about: the screw affixes the Wii U GamePad to the frame, while the four holes add support and lessen the tension on the screwhole.

31zeng0pjcl.jpg

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I the only one who wants a mixed POV Metroid game? Think Sonic Generations where new Sonic goes from third person to sidescrolling in the middle of the level. So, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime mixed. I know I sound stupid suggesting this, though I've been thinking about it for quite long and it'd be unique. Am I insane or could this work?

The problem is probably there's a pretty big speed difference. 2D Metroid plays a lot faster than the Prime series, and IMO the change would probably be too jarring. Not to mention the controls would massively change as well. In Sonic it works because you go fast in both 2D and 3D and the controls (apart from the 3D drift mechanic) are mostly the same.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The problem is probably there's a pretty big speed difference. 2D Metroid plays a lot faster than the Prime series, and IMO the change would probably be too jarring. Not to mention the controls would massively change as well. In Sonic it works because you go fast in both 2D and 3D and the controls (apart from the 3D drift mechanic) are mostly the same.

That's a good point. I hope whatever Nintendo decides to do with Metroid includes both 2D and 3D titles. Kinda hard not to like both. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM