Metroid Prime Federation Force announced for 3DS

met.PNG

Check out the trailer for the latest game in the Metroid series, exclusive to the 3DS.

Releasing 2016.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit is E3 just awful this year. It's like the E3 of half measures. Like they'll introduce a new game in a franchise or announce something and it'll be underwhelming and half-baked as fuck. Like seriously, the whole Nintendo conference was "Here's a new game in a beloved franchise... but it's a 3DS spin-off!"

Christ almighty it's a dark year when Microsoft had the best conference.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha everyone's pissed about this game but I'm honestly super hyped for the soccer mode..

I love supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars and now the new rocket league and then metroid soccer, I'm getting pampered.

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little sick of under performing 3D Castlevania Metroid games. Haven't Nintendo learned anything from 1 their failures/marginal successes 2. the huge success indie efforts like Bloodstained. Yes there is a huge pent up demand for a really good platformer and that should be Metroid

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm severely disappointed. Though, it doesn't really surprise me, after Other M anyway. I was hoping for an old fashioned sidescrolling Metroid for the 3DS, but we got whatever that is.

EDIT: Actually, I think this is the first time I've actually been a bit angry over a game announcement. It's not logical, but it's how I feel.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I said on PSN today all I want is 2D Metroid for 3DS...
This just looks like a joke, like they let their interns use the Metroid Prime Hunters engine and said 'go nuts' and this is what they came up with. Metroid is dead to me, Bloodstained is all the hope I have left for the genre. Iga is obviously going to try and outdo SotN, and I will hold on to that thought as I play SotN for the 50th time on my Vita!

Reactions: xeronut and Foxi4

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted a sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters. It was a great first person shooter and really showed off the Nintendo DS hardware at the time:

We need a first person shooter on the 3DS. No, Moon Chronicles doesn't count nor does Ironfall Invasion.

Reactions: Foxi4

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
while i'm not a fan of the chubby federation chars, this could very well be a good fps game.
and theres still a chance the other prime hunters will end up being unlockable characters. so yeah. don't see the trouble.

but people expecting 2d metroids really got to grow up. its over. deal with it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate that Nintendo is finally experimenting with the fact that online is a thing, but now they need to learn that people still want single player experiences. This isn't a Metroid game. This is a robot game pretending to be Metroid.

0/10 thanks but no thanks Nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?